Banned

Megabass handle differences on leviante vs XX

I currently have a pitch perfect leviante that works great for frogs, but the handle is too skinny and slippery when it gets wet. Does the XX pitch perfect have a bigger diameter handle and how similar is the action? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I currently have a pitch perfect leviante that works great for frogs, but the handle is too skinny and slippery when it gets wet. Does the XX pitch perfect have a bigger diameter handle and how similar is the action? Thank you
    The XX is a full cork handle. Levante is split grip EVA. The diameter on the XX is slightly larger but I can measure to be sure. There are handle differences between XX and 2018 XX models as well.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 09-21-2018 at 10:14 PM.

3. Banned
    I’d be looking at the new models since a person can’t find the old ones anywheres. I believe you’ve said the blanks are a little different between the 2 series, but I’d like to make sure that the new model is as stiff as the leviante is (or at least pretty close).

Spending $300 on a rod is hard for me since I’m such a tightwad and I really want to make sure that it’s what I’m after vs another one of their models, if they’ve changed the power/action ratings or anything else. Thanks sir!

4. Banned
    Ok, just in case anyone ever searches the thread, I bought one to try. The XX cork handle is a little bigger, maybe 1/8” but it’s thicker down the handle too. Will def be easier to grip and it’s an absolute beauty of a rod. The tip seems a little stiffer than my Levante, but it should work great for my frogger rod. Expensive, but hopefully it’s worth it.