LOSING RFREE SEAL INTO GAS LINE..!

UPDATE 9/17...:

I was told by nearest repair shop that the worst that can happen is engine kills if seal perfectly covers fuel intake...chances are tiny that happens ...
    hummm, I am going 65 and engine suddenly quits does not comfort me much...any boats behind or near me could run over me...

other area dealers are closed Mondays...(Big Boys here and Yamaha Marine in Jville where I ordered the boat)...

my firm advice is when using any additive remove the seal and throw it away BEFORE getting near the boat to add it!!

Still fuzzy on what I should do...BTW, a search revealed this issue goes back for some
    guys to 2006!
    You would think that seal would be changed to float or some change eliminating the possibility of the tin foil seal easily becoming detached
    when you pour the RF...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

BEST ONLINE ADVICE I COULD FIND 9/17:
    ==============================
    Jason Marine Mechanic

Got it. I wouldn't worry about it. The little piece of foil is either going to sit in the tank forever, or, it will get sucked up the fuel pickup tube and end up in the separator. Either way, it's not going to cause a problem, and it certainly isn't worth pumping out an entire fuel tank over. I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go.

The piece of foil isn't going to be in the line, it is going to be floating in the tank. Thin pieces of aluminum float on gas, they do not sink to the bottom of the tank.

So the only way that piece of foil can end up in the line is IF you run the boat until the fuel tank is practically empty and only IF the piece of foil ends up hitting the fuel pickup tube in the tank. The odds of that happening are astronomically small.

That's why I wrote what I did. If you want to get that piece of foil out, you have to pump out the tank, that is the only way to get it out.

That piece of foil floats, not sinks, does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by reelman View Post
    BEST ONLINE ADVICE I COULD FIND 9/17:
    ==============================
    Jason Marine Mechanic

Got it. I wouldn't worry about it. The little piece of foil is either going to sit in the tank forever, or, it will get sucked up the fuel pickup tube and end up in the separator. Either way, it's not going to cause a problem, and it certainly isn't worth pumping out an entire fuel tank over. I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go.

The piece of foil isn't going to be in the line, it is going to be floating in the tank. Thin pieces of aluminum float on gas, they do not sink to the bottom of the tank.

So the only way that piece of foil can end up in the line is IF you run the boat until the fuel tank is practically empty and only IF the piece of foil ends up hitting the fuel pickup tube in the tank. The odds of that happening are astronomically small.

That's why I wrote what I did. If you want to get that piece of foil out, you have to pump out the tank, that is the only way to get it out.

That piece of foil floats, not sinks, does that make sense?
    I approve of this Message!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

I am very comforted .....
    but probably this Dec I will take it to a dealer with only 10 gallons left in the tank and have it drained...
    call me a worry wart but zipping around at 60-65mph I cannot stop on a dime in traffic or be left 19 miles from the launch for
    that 1 in 10,000 chance...cpuld get me killed or left way way out on the water.

Of course, that could change and I just go on as usual like it never happened....LOL

Thanx for input BTW, (its way too much)

(this thread can be deleted now)

5. Member
    If you only knew how many of those things are riding around in boats all over the world. My last boat had atleast one and never an issue. If it did somehow stick to the bottom of the pickup as soon as you stopped the motor it should come lose. But I dont blame you either for wanting it out

You gas intake line in the gas tank has, or should have, a plastic mesh screen sack on the end of the gas pickup line. It will strain out larger particles in the tank and not allow them to get in the gas line.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan