Everstart Marine DC vs Everstart Maxx Marine DC

My 5 year old Everstart Maxx 27DCs need replacing so I went to my local Walmart and bought two Everstart Marine 29DC batteries with a date of 09/18. There was 1 Maxx 29DC but it was over a year old. The non-Maxx shows a rating of 122 Amp Hours @1A and the Maxx has 114 Amp Hours @1A, both has the same MCA rating. The Maxx has a 2 year warranty and he non maxx has a 1 year warranty (I have heard that some may not honor the warranty). The Maxx advertises 30% more cycling capability. I will be traveling for the next week and won't be able to install the new batteries so I wanted to seek some info from the BBC board. What is the difference between the standard Marine Deep Cycle and the Maxx Marine Deep Cycle?

Does the Maxx have more CCA's? I've always just used the non-Maxx 29dc's and had very good luck. I replaced my last set, which lasted 5 years of hard use, with another set earlier this year. Maybe I will be able to afford lithium batteries by the time this set dies.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I'm not certain there is any difference but the warranty. They've just completely messed up the specs on their web site to the point you can't get any info.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Scraps
    I fear the markings on the battery itself don't help either. I remember replacing the older yellow case Maxx with a newer version assuming it was the same. Then learned not enough CCA to crank my old Fucht. I also remember it not being obvious what the specs were on the battery beyond the group rating.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    The CCA is the same on both versions but the amp hours rating is more for the non-Maxx version. The do not do a very good job of listing the specs which may not be reliable anyway. There is not much info on the difference between the two so all I can assume is that they are essentially the same battery with a different warranty and label.

6. Member
    They really do mess up the specs on their web site. Probably the same battery. Interstate equivalent (SRM 29) states 210 RC and 675 cca's.
    Walmart lists the Everstart Max 29 DC as weighing 60 ounces. Much lighter than lithium

Here, Walmart Canada has their specs correct on their web site for their marine batteries. However, they are a Deka/East Penn product, not JCI like in the US.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

7. Member
    Next time you see both at a Walmart pick them up and you will feel the difference the MAXX are heavier thicker plates

8. Member
    When at the store I couldn't tell a difference in weight but I checked the specs on their website and the Maxx is listed at 61.7lbs and the Non-Maxx is listed at 58.7lbs so you are correct the Maxx is heavier but only by 3lbs. Not sure what impact that has on longevity but I think I'm going to go ahead and install the Non-Maxx unless I come across a fresh set of Maxx before I get around to swapping them in my boat.