Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I'm hoping it works if the weather is decent Friday! That will be my last chance...then the boat is getting put away.

Awesome info and advice above. I've lived in MN and fished here for years now but I still haven't got the turnover thing down, or really fall in general if I'm honest. The lakes turn over at higher temps here than what I was used to growing up in WV fishing all manmade lakes that are basically tiny versions of the Ozark lakes. There upper 40s for turnover always seemed to be the norm. I've got to believe it's due to those lakes being much deeper, though I'm not smart enough to understand exactly how that affects it. This business with lakes getting ultra clear following turnover is also completely foreign to me, though I've seen it happen a bunch at this point. Interesting stuff!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

3. Member
    I personally wouldn't give turnover a second thought. You can go right now and find fish in 1ft and 25ft of water. Where you fish just depends on which fish are easier to catch at that moment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123