Can I run a DI and 2D Transducer on my trolling motor if I have the real estate

I have a Helix 10 DI G2n Chirp unit and a 999 SI unit. I currently have a standard 2d Transducer on my trolling motor. I want to exchange the DI Transducer that came with my 10 DI for the Trolling motor version. The question I have is can I mount both the Trolling motor version of the DI Transducer and the current 2D Trolling motor Transducer together on my trolling motor if I have room without any interference? I would like to have 2D on the 999 and then be able to see DI and Chirp on the 10. Both are mounted on the front.

Depends on the trolling motor you have and if you have the 2D PUCK instead of a transom 2D transducer with trolling motor adapter.

Any two units operating on the same frequency at the same time will cross-talk when their sonar pulses overlap. It's a sure thing with two transducers on a trolling motor. The 999 uses 200 kHz all the time for the depth readout.
    You have two choices for a DI trolling motor puck:
    XTM 9 DI 25 T uses the same 2D frequencies as the included transom transducer---200/455 kHz
    XTM 9 WIDE DI 20 T uses 83/200 kHz 2D sonar.

The best installation for you would be use the XTM 9 WIDE DI 20 T only and share 2D sonar from the DI unit to the 999ci HD SI Combo. BUT you would have to turn CHIRP off with the Helix.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne for your reply. I guess I don't know if you actually answered my question. Can I run the TM DI/Chirp Transducer with a standard 2D Transducer as well? I would like to take advantage of the Chirp abilities as well as have 2D on my 999 that is next to it. So does the Chirp us 200 kHz like the standard 2d Transducer?

No, not at the same time, 2D will cross talk.
    Try it and see for yourself.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I run 2 transducers up front, but you HAVE to network them & select only one source or they'll cross talk as WP said.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/