The Mount for my Ultrex

My Ultrex mount seems to be awful hard to pull to unlock to get the motor up out of the water , have to give it a hard tug , is there an adjustment or does it need to have something replaced or something is getting ready to break , To deploy to put in water no problem , hate to take it off for warrenty , help

2. Member
    You probably have a twist in the mount from overtighting the mounting screws. This could be from the deck of your boat having a slight curve built into it. Try to determine which side is giving you the problem and loosen the screw that is nearest that screw. It would be either the front left or right screw. Loosen a little then check. Repeat until it is smooth. A spacer may need to be added to keep things tight.

What he said ^

4. Member
    To add to the above, when deployed, look at the arm and you'll probably see it over to one side, or against the motor rest rails. This would indicate a mount that is in a twist.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    My Ultrex mount seems to be awful hard to pull to unlock to get the motor up out of the water , have to give it a hard tug , is there an adjustment or does it need to have something replaced or something is getting ready to break , To deploy to put in water no problem , hate to take it off for warrenty , help
    I had this problem for about 30 days, then decided to shoot some spray lithium grease on locking mechanism. Works great now

6. Member
    That seems like it could be the problem the locking mechanism since I've been trying to figure it out checking out for a slight curve , cause it seems a little stiff pulling the cord and seems at times it's not locking when I pull it out of the water at times , probley something stupid .