Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJCodner View Post
    Just a quick update. So far I am down 9 lbs in 10 days. Feel great, never have been hungry and have a lot of energy. Sleeping better as well.
    keep up the good work.

2. Member
    i haven't updated in a while. i'm about 11 1/2 months into this and i've relaxed some. i'm not quite as die hard as i was. I think i'm good about 80% of the time and bad about 20% of the time. Still try to fast in the mornings 95% of the time. I'm weighing between 235 and 239 and holding steady. That's about 85 to 90 pounds lost and holding it steady and still "living". I'm thrilled to death 323.8 to 235 and being able to maintain it is pretty life changing stuff. I don't see any reason at all this won't be a life time deal for me at this point. Good luck to you all, it's worth it I promise!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    i haven't updated in a while. i'm about 11 1/2 months into this and i've relaxed some. i'm not quite as die hard as i was. I think i'm good about 80% of the time and bad about 20% of the time. Still try to fast in the mornings 95% of the time. I'm weighing between 235 and 239 and holding steady. That's about 85 to 90 pounds lost and holding it steady and still "living". I'm thrilled to death 323.8 to 235 and being able to maintain it is pretty life changing stuff. I don't see any reason at all this won't be a life time deal for me at this point. Good luck to you all, it's worth it I promise!
    I am in the same boat right now. I started in May of 2018 and I am down to to 240 from 348. I feel so much better. Keep up the good work. It is so much worth the life style change.

4. Member
    I brought up this old thread to see if some of you that lost weight could give an update. I didn't start out with as much weight as some of you (225) but my clothes were getting tight and I refused to buy new due to weight gain.

I have lost about 20 lbs in 3 weeks. I am doing IF, but quite frankly that was pretty much my routine anyway. The big thing I did was cut out beer. In addition I am watching the portions I eat. I do pay attention to caloric intake and try to limit it to roughly 1500 to 1600 per day. It really isn't that hard to do.

With holidays approaching I am wondering how that will impact things. My goal is for my clothes to fit correctly again and I think I should be down another 10 to 15 pounds in a month at which point I should be good. After that I won't need to be quite so diligent and will move to the number of calories to maintain that level. When Thanksgiving gets here I will certainly eat more that I am now and probably that maintain level. How did you see you weight fluctuate when going off the wagon? Is it correct to assume that a day or so will only have a short term impact if you resume the good habits?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    Keep posting. It is a never ending battle to keep the weight off.

for sure !

6. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    We start a new weight loss competition at work on the 11th. Hopefully and need to shed 30 about pounds. Its just tough when the fam eats junk and you basically have to cook separate every night.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Unfortunately, my weight takes a roller coaster ride every year. I'm not getting any younger and I gotta be more consistent. I am now back on IF. Weighing 235 now. Goal to attain is 220. I know that's heavy for a lot of folks and it's still considered OBESE by the stupid BMI, but I am big boned, haha. I can carry 220 well and feel good about myself. I'm only 5"11".
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    Unfortunately, my weight takes a roller coaster ride every year. I'm not getting any younger and I gotta be more consistent. I am now back on IF. Weighing 235 now. Goal to attain is 220. I know that's heavy for a lot of folks and it's still considered OBESE by the stupid BMI, but I am big boned, haha. I can carry 220 well and feel good about myself. I'm only 5"11".
    Yep...BFI is simply a standard for most body types. I'm old now (53) but I have practiced Judo for over 4 decades and BJJ for the past 15 years. I no longer compete but when I did, I would fluctuate between 235 and 245 lbs and according to the BFI that is considered "obese" for my 6'3" height.....and my doctor used to joke around a lot with me back then about my "obesity". I put on a lot of weight the past couple years and I was at my heaviest (282 lbs) at the end of November 2022. I started to eat more sensibly and I have been back in the gym 4 days a week since that time and i am now down to 268 lbs. My energy is much higher and my joints are feeling MUCH better as I continue the journey.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234