Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Most you guys are young dudes when its easy to lose weight, at 68 years old its three times as hard, been there and done it many times in my younger days.

2. Member
    I agree it's tougher the older I get Rodney, but it's no where near impossible. The problem is we tend to go back to old habits.

3. Member
    20 days in 323.8 down to 295.4 so 28.4 pounds to this point. not missing anything, food is great and energy is great. start mixing in some elliptical exercise, just 15 to 30 mins a day this week.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    20 days in 323.8 down to 295.4 so 28.4 pounds to this point. not missing anything, food is great and energy is great. start mixing in some elliptical exercise, just 15 to 30 mins a day this week.
    Feb 1st update, down 35.2 pounds to 288.6 in the first month.

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Feb 1st update, down 35.2 pounds to 288.6 in the first month.

Awesome job. Keep it up
    Thanos was the hero

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    January was a bust for me in terms of diet and exercise. It was all hunting and eating good. But, because I did keep with only one or two meals a day, I still lost a couple pounds. February starting weight= 230. Nothing to distract me now, the only thing to do in Feb and March is exercise
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    Feb 8th marks my 37th day on keto and I just hit 40 pounds lost! 323.8 to 283.8 this morning!

8. Member
    Are you any of you guys that are doing intermittent fasting tracking your blood sugar? If so how does it look in the mornings before your first meal?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    Are you any of you guys that are doing intermittent fasting tracking your blood sugar? If so how does it look in the mornings before your first meal?
    I am not but I will tell you this, with the keto and fasting I never ever have blood sugar crashes anymore. I did before and did bad and was hypoglycemic. none of it now, I'm pretty even keel feeling all day long.

10. Member
    Yeah mine doesn't get too low it gets a little on the high side. I checked it this morning and was 143 and it was at 109 about two hours after I ate last night. I checked it again about an hour ago and it was only down to 134. I'm thinking my body is releasing extra glucose since I haven't eaten anything, but it may just mean I'm storing too much I'm not sure. I may go back to eating a small breakfast and see how that works.

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I'm not diabetic so I don't track blood sugar, but one of the reasons I started was because of some articles and books by a Dr Fung. His clinic cures extreme cases of diabetes with fasting so if you are worried about blood sugar and diabetes, then I would suggest reading some of his books, or watching his interviews. They are very informative about fasting.
    Thanos was the hero

12. Member
    Feb 21st, I've gone from 323.8 to 275.8 which is 48 pounds since Jan 3rd. Still doing a very strict but yummy keto and fasting which has become easy. I'm very rarely hungry. I try to work out about 20 minutes a day on my elliptical. in the past couple of weeks I've mixed 1 and only 1 Michelob ultra in once in a while. I think I've had 3 in the last 2 weeks. It hasn't slowed or stopped the weigh loss at all so it's been really nice to be able to have a beer again and no I'm not paying for it on the scale. Sure tastes yummy on occasion! :)

13. Member
    figured I would touch base again. still holding strong although I went on vacation for 6 days and I've worked a few Michelob ultras in the mix on occasion. I'm now down 56 pounds since Jan 3rd.

14. Member
    Congrats van I have been stuck for 3 months now at the same weight. Now that all my hunting seasons are done and its not to cold to walk I am going to try and get it going again. I am down 75 pounds since last may but i still have a ways to go.

15. Member
    I'm down with a stomach bug, NOT the way to lose weight!!! I've maintained what I am satisfied with for six months. Snacking at night is my nemesis. Even snacking low/no carb the weight loss stopped. I am ok with my weight, BUT I know how easy it is to gain from years ago when I did Keto. If you go back to your eating habits you will gain it back.

16. Member
    checking back in. I'm not bragging, I'm hoping by sharing it will encourage someone to do this. It's pretty damn easy to be honest. I got inspired by reading stories on there. Anyhow today I hit 67 pounds down, that is since Jan 3rd. So in just over 3 months I've gone from 323.8 to 256.8. This is life changing stuff folks, if your on the fence just do it, you will be happy you did. I got a long ways to go but its awesome and exciting.

17. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Been awhile on an update.

Broke my toe in February so no exercise for awhile. So I gained a couple pounds in February, started exercising again in March. Quickly lost the weight I gained, and then plateaued for 2-1/2 weeks. Ate pretty bad for a week, consumed alot of calories and wasn't doing IF. The whole time continuing my exercise. Stepped on the scale, gained some weight, went back to about 2000 calories and back to IF. Quickly lost the weight and quickly broke through the plateau.

I have reduced the weight that I was lifting because I feel like I just keep aggravating old injuries. I'm not really interested in gaining strength at this point, more about the ability of staying consistent at the gym.
    Thanos was the hero

18. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    checking back in. I'm not bragging, I'm hoping by sharing it will encourage someone to do this. It's pretty damn easy to be honest. I got inspired by reading stories on there. Anyhow today I hit 67 pounds down, that is since Jan 3rd. So in just over 3 months I've gone from 323.8 to 256.8. This is life changing stuff folks, if your on the fence just do it, you will be happy you did. I got a long ways to go but its awesome and exciting.

WOW. congrats. Whats crazy is that your story is not uncommon on the intermittent fasting reddit boards. So many people are changing their lives for the better, losing drastic amounts of weight with no surgery or garbage diet pills. Keep up the good work.
    Thanos was the hero

19. Member
    Please keep posting. Im very interested in IF. My doctor told me last week about Dr Fung. I have been watching his videos on Utube. Going to the book store today for one of his books.
    Thanks for your post so far!
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

20. Member
    I finally started loosing again after finally starting to break down the numbers and paying more attention again to portion size and the balance between protein and fats. I think I was way over on my protein and was not paying enough attention to my actual carb count each day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast