1987 Tower of Power Upgrade?

Just saw a friend with a classic "Tower of Power", and it looks identical to the 115 I have. Both are 1986, both are straight 6 cyl, and they really look identical, except the HP tag.

Am curious of what the differences between the motors, and is it possible to upgrade the power of my 115.

Is it possible to "upgrade" a 115 by say, increasing jet size and advancing the timing to compensate?
    Last edited by thilltony; 09-17-2018 at 06:36 AM.

2. Member
    most likely you got more power than he does,leave it be,dont adjust anything on that one, keep it cool and good fuel and oil
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I appreciate your comment. It IS a really good-running motor. But his definitely has more speed and power, and his is a good-running motor too. That's why I was wondering.

4. Member
    same boat same prop?????? same load ?????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    I still have my 1986 90HP in-line six sitting in the pole barn. My understanding is the carburetor is the difference in horsepower. May have to change carbs. Three carbs= too much money.