Banned

Water pressure sending unit install

2017 75 4-stroke 2B490902

I picked up a water pressure sending unit and would like to verify and ask a few things.

1) Verify if the port is the allen plug between the t-stat and the flywheel (next to a temp sending unit)
    2) Verify if the connector is the one with a cap end laying to the port side near the allen plug

3) Add teflon tape or sealant?
    4) Torque value for the sending unit.

Going to be using this with vessel view mobile.

Thanks

2. Banned
    Nada?

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Things have been a tiny bit hectic out here on the east coast- sorry.

Yes on location, yes on connector, yes on teflon UNLESS an o-ring is provided on the sensor (if the sensor has an o-ring installed, NO sealant is needed or recommended).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Things have been a tiny bit hectic out here on the east coast- sorry.

Yes on location, yes on connector, yes on teflon UNLESS an o-ring is provided on the sensor (if the sensor has an o-ring installed, NO sealant is needed or recommended).
    I’m sure it is. Thanks for the reply. Is there a specific torque to tighten to?

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No torque spec was provided in current documentation. Since it is an o-ring sealed connection, 60 lbs/in should be sufficient to achieve a good seal.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Banned
    Installed, working and not leaking. Thanks again.