Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Thumbs Up New Setup screen shots....

EC+ 93sv at console with GT15 and GT34UHD

First time out today so this is all i have.....pretty much settings are still set to factory, really didnt mess with anything except color, scroll speed......

GT 15 is in the bilge (shoot thru), there is not much space for install so i went with what i had hoping it would work.....worked better than what i imagined.....never could get great "shoot thru" readings from my Lowrance.....as for speed, the screen picture is not pretty but continued to give me a depth reading just about up to 70 MPH which was great and what i wanted....the local river is not shallow so i'll have to get shallow water shots later one on another body of water.

UHD- as of now it is "looks good"....i'll try to play with it some more to see what if it can be "better"....i also know that screen size and such plays a roll on images so it could be that 9" screen, i'm used to looking at a square 10" on the old Lowrance. Again, images are "stock" settings. The frequency for side/down is fixed so no adjusting, also side range is set to go up to 150' (each side). For me there is "deep" water in the river so when i go out to the lake i typically fish, average depth is 15' and less so maybe it will "shine" a little better in the shallow water.....

This is an old RR bridge footing WAYYYYYYYYY before the river lock and dams were put in.....i want to say in the 60's.....

The footing runs north/south

This view is running from west to east (i believe)

This is running north/south

This is a vehicle at end of ramp....always saw it on my Lowrance but never could make it out....there was a guy on the HB boards that posted the same screen shot with HB unit (prior to HB Mega coming out). So i only know it's a vehicle cause of his post when i come across it. Still cant tell its one.

Boat ramp is on lower left side of screen

Last edited by fishin couillon; 09-16-2018 at 09:21 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    WOW ! Those images reaffirm that I need to learn "deep" water fishing.

3. Member
    That 2d target separation in my opinion is phenomenal!! Great install!

Great images, Jeremy..Keep them coming..

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

5. Member
    Good stuff.
    Garmin looking better all the time

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    WOW ! Those images reaffirm that I need to learn "deep" water fishing.
    At the local river there is SOOOOOO MUCH trash fish it's unreal so more than likely that whats you are seeing......

I pulled up to a spot and saw fish schooling and though i was gonna have a great day , but as i got closer and few cast later, it was huge needle nose garfish.... So i just decided to QD map the whole area instead of fishing.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    At the local river there is SOOOOOO MUCH trash fish it's unreal so more than likely that whats you are seeing......

I pulled up to a spot and saw fish schooling and though i was gonna have a great day , but as i got closer and few cast later, it was huge needle nose garfish.... So i just decided to QD map the whole area instead of fishing.
    I feel your pain. The river where I fish is full of gar,carp and buffalo.
    The crappie are there but most of the time you work for them. It looks like my ps22 is going to make that work easier.
    Those trash fish don’t relate to structure like crappie for the most part. Past problem was fishing structure that was beat to death by everyone because you see it. Of course some it could be found with di and si but in the shallow water it is hard to locate without your big motor hitting the stumps a lot.
    PS22 cured all that.

8. Member
    Thanks for posting those

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    This shot was a brush pile i found last weekend while mapping.....wasnt paying attention to screen and noticed brush as it was scrolling off the screen......but didnt go back over it as i was leaving.....i'll go back again and see if it show up better now that i know its there.....

10. Member
    Really nice images, thanks for posting. Next time your out if possible take some side image captures set about 60' out for each side so we can see more detail. Your 2d shots are really good.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    I feel your pain. The river where I fish is full of gar,carp and buffalo.
    Y'all fishing the same river?

12. Member
    [QUOTE=fishin couillon;9665958]EC+ 93sv at console with GT15 and GT34UHD

First time out today so this is all i have.....pretty much settings are still set to factory, really didnt mess with anything except color, scroll speed......

GT 15 is in the bilge (shoot thru), there is not much space for install so i went with what i had hoping it would work.....worked better than what i imagined.....never could get great "shoot thru" readings from my Lowrance.....as for speed, the screen picture is not pretty but continued to give me a depth reading just about up to 70 MPH which was great and what i wanted....the local river is not shallow so i'll have to get shallow water shots later one on another body of wate

UHD- as of now it is "looks good"....i'll try to play with it some more to see what if it can be "better"....i also know that screen size and such plays a roll on images so it could be that 9" screen, i'm used to looking at a square 10" on the old Lowrance. Again, images are "stock" settings. The frequency for side/down is fixed so no adjusting, also side range is set to go up to 150' (each side). For me there is "deep" water in the river so when i go out to the lake i typically fish, average depth is 15' and less so maybe it will "shine" a little better in the shallow water.....

This is an old RR bridge footing WAYYYYYYYYY before the river lock and dams were put in.....i want to say in the 60's

TE]

Just so I understand, you have the GT15 to monitor water depth while on pad ?
    And you have the GT34UHD connected to a non-Plus unit ??
    Last edited by bigkahunaranch; 12-24-2018 at 06:32 PM.

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    GT15 for on plane reading.....GT34 is on a Plus unit...

Both units are EC+ 93sv....

14. Member
    GT15 for on plane reading.....GT34 is on a Plus unit...

Both units are EC+ 93sv....

Both units are EC+ 93sv.. ???????

15. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes.....connected to the UHD box.. .

16. Member
    Yes.....connected to the UHD box.. .
    So I have a 93sv plus unit on the dash connected to the box, has the 52 transducer on the transom.
    Also have a 93sv ( non plus ) on the bow with the stock transducer on the trolling motor.
    I can put a new GT34UHD on the trolling motor, connect the 93sv non plus to the box and get images like you posted ??

BTW, thank you for sharing the images.

17. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I do not see the Non Plus units on the compatible list for the UHD system. So if you were wanting to use it, it would have to connect to the Plus unit on your console. Also I dont think you can plug the non plus unit to UHD box and have ethernet functions.

18. Member
    I do not see the Non Plus units on the compatible list for the UHD system. So if you were wanting to use it, it would have to connect to the Plus unit on your console. Also I dont think you can plug the non plus unit to UHD box and have ethernet functions.
    plus is required for all the new gadgets and ethernet sharing with echomap series.