Thread: Ultrex Issue

Ultrex Issue

I have a brand new BCB Eyra with the Ultrex. The Ultrex has run without issue for the last month but now its going crazy.

The Continuous mode keeps randomly turning on and staying on. The only way I can get out of it is to hit spot lock twice or kill the power. But then randomly the Ultrex will just turn on again and the continuous light turns green. I’m going to get thrown out of the boat one of these times. The continuous button (prop logo) works only 50% of the time as well.

Not sure what to do….all the threads I have found speak to the “momentary” on/off but that’s not my problem. Momentary works, as it should. I leave Thursday morning for a trip to champlain so I'm hoping someone can give me a quick fix.

2. Member
    I’d ask jones in trolling motor. But it sounds like a bad or dirty switch.

i see you posted there also. I’m sure he will get to it soon.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

That one sounds like it needs a trip to Mankato.

4. Member
    I have one in the shop now with that problem. Hadn't got into it at this time, but what is happening is the magnetic hall effect switch is being energized in some way and makes the control board "think" the constant button has been pushed. I'm thinking a bad hall effect switch which means a control board swap. Should go to an ASC.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    You said it's brand new!? Bring it to the dealership for warranty!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbassman View Post
    You said it's brand new!? Bring it to the dealership for warranty!
    I agree, this is a warranty issue

7. Member
    Got it! I had to replace the entire control board. I live in Maine and bought the boat from Skyline Marina in NC. I called them in a panic after Minn Kota told me I needed to bring it to a service center for testing. Skyline called Minn Kota and then we did trouble shooting over the phone. We identified the control board was bad. I had to leave the next day for Lake Champlain for 4 days so they pulled a control board off a unit and overnighted it to my hotel! I had it installed and fully functioning in an hour. It saved my fishing trip that was all prepaid!

I have had a few issues with my mercury but Skyline Marina has been right there trying to support anyway they can. They are still working with mercury but update me weekly on the progress. Jeremy and Mitchell easily could have just brushed me aside since there is 880 miles between us but they didn’t. If you are in the Market for a BCB this should be your stop especially if you are buying from out of state. They have treated me like I am one of their locals. Customer service is top notch!