Continuous power randomly turns on.

2018 Ultrex 112 45”

The Continuous mode keeps randomly turning on and staying on. The only way I can get out of it is to hit spot lock twice or kill the power. But then randomly the Ultrex will just turn on again and the continuous light turns green. I’m going to get thrown out of the boat one of these times. The continuous button (prop logo) works only 50% of the time.

Not sure what to do….all the threads I have found speak to the “momentary” on/off but that’s not my problem. Momentary works, as it should.

2. Member
    So what happens when you turn the MOM/OFF/CON switch to off? Does this happen when it is in the MOM position or in the OFF position? IN continuous it is suppose to run all the time with capability of changing the speed of the motor. IN off you will still have power to the foot pedal, but you can not turn the motor on and off. In MOM it is suppose to run only when the button on the foot pedal is depressed. If it is coming on or staying on when it is in MOM then you may need to adjust the reed switch to prevent that from happening. If you do not know what or how this is suppose to operate then you need to bring it to the ASC to repair. It is still under warranty.

3. Member
    Don't think the Ultrex has the 'Mom-Off-Con' toggle switch like a Fortrex or Maxuum.

Sounds like it could be a bad button.

Does it happen with remote off? I pilot link trying to navigate?
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

4. Member
    I have one coming in this week with the same problem. There is a sensor on the continous button that makes to tell the control board is in continous. cleaing debris usually is the first line of repair -- however didn't work on the one I've got coming in. I'm suspecting a control board issue, but will have to run diagnostics and check. Yours needs to go to an ASC for repairs.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    Got it! I had to replace the entire control board.