RT188 Trailer Lights

Came home from an out-of-town fishing trip...found out that one of my side marker lights had totally fallen off...not sure how it happened. After looking at the other one, I noticed that there is nothing holding these things on except for the rubber lip around the light. No screws, nothing. Anybody else have this issue?

What's the quickest way to get a new one? I've got a tournament next weekend and would like to be legal. Thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019
    Mercury 250 Pro XS Fourstroke

My 178 has rivets... but my lights are turned 90 degrees different than yours
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

3. Member
    Replaced mine on a 2015 trailer with led lights from bass pro and the had a 1/4 inch stud for mounting.

4. Member
    Update on this....

EZ Loader hasn't returned calls to the dealer. Ranger says that EZ Loader has to handle the issue. The rubber grommet is an oddball size...can't find one anywhere. I'm probably going to have to put some sort of makeshift rig together so I can make it to the tournament this weekend. Too many problems with this brand new boat. I've already had problems with my seats (replaced), rod locker latch installed incorrectly, and now these cheap trailer parts. Call me unsatisfied as of right now. Dealer has been great...but not happy with Ranger at all. Just venting!
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019

5. Member
    Talking to myself here...but this WAS a bad design according to EZ Loader...they're sending me the redesigned gromments, which include screws. I was told that a number of other people have had this problem. I'm not crazy...makes me feel better haha.
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Makes you wonder why EZ Loader changed from the earlier design.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jv83 View Post
    Update on this....

EZ Loader hasn't returned calls to the dealer. Ranger says that EZ Loader has to handle the issue. The rubber grommet is an oddball size...can't find one anywhere. I'm probably going to have to put some sort of makeshift rig together so I can make it to the tournament this weekend. Too many problems with this brand new boat. I've already had problems with my seats (replaced), rod locker latch installed incorrectly, and now these cheap trailer parts. Call me unsatisfied as of right now. Dealer has been great...but not happy with Ranger at all. Just venting!
    Ranger is abdicating their accountability by pushing off on EZ-Loader. You bought you trailer from Ranger, same as your boat. It was their decision to contract with EZ-Loader.
    Ironically, I recently bought a new Ranger trailer, and asked if I could pick it up at EZ-Loader to save some delivery time, but was told I had to pick it up at Flippin.
    I do like one of the changes EZ-Loader made to the wiring harness. They run the blue wire used for the brake relief solenoid and back up lights to both tail light connectors. If you want the tail lights with integrated back up lights, it is a straight forward replacement, wiring is already there.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Quote Originally Posted by jv83 View Post
    Update on this....

I have owned Ranger boats for many many years. I have dealt with their service and customer service through dealers and direct with the factory. It has always been exceptional and that's one reason I have owned them for years.

This type of thing did not happen and would not have happened until the company was sold a while back. It's sad. Even if they jumped up and corrected all that stuff now, you would still have a bad first impression. I .Ight could understand better if it was an older boat or you were the second owner.....but this should not be happening with a 2018.

I am glad for you the problem is not major and is something that you can fix yourself with a little time and probably $25. Maybe things are going to be better from here with it. I would probably cut my losses and anxiety by just fixing it the right way and doing it myself. Good luck with the future. A new boat should be fun and not a hassle. Might as well have another name on it and not Ranger with stuff like this and the ownership change. Good luck.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

9. Member
    The Thriving Metropolis of Huntsville, Alabama
    I must say using a rivet to secure a ground wire plus on top of the coating wasn't thought through very well...

You'd think that building a trailer wouldn't be this difficult.
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

11. Member
    Well, this has turned into a total joke. EZ Loader sent replacement grommets. They don't even come close to fitting the trailer, much too small...bolt holes in the wrong location.

First and last Ranger for me. Too many issues. Didn't stand by the product at all...passed it off to the trailer company.

Pics of what they sent and the slot:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019

That really sucks but I wouldn't blame Ranger. No manufacturer warrants the tires they put on their cars and trucks and you wouldn't expect Ranger to service the motor on the back of the boat. However, your dealer should have handled this for you if they want repeat business. Shame on them, you shouldn't have to go through this hassle.

13. Member
    Dealer has been great....quick response time, they've done everything they can do. EZ Loader is the problem here I guess. I don't know necessarily that I can say Ranger has no blame. It doesn't say "EZ Loader" on the trailer....it says "Ranger Trail." I didn't even know the trailer was built by a third party until this mess.
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019

You need to go to your local truck stop. You will find that rubber grommet your wanting. It will be in the trailer light section.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

15. Member
    Is your trailer under warranty?

@jv83
    Last edited by davidhunterjones; 09-26-2018 at 04:24 PM. Reason: add tag

16. Member
    I've ordered a couple different types of gromments from etrailer..also have the "right" set coming from EZ Trailer. Hopefully one of em will work. Yes...the dealer has been sending me replacement parts for free...they just haven't been the correct parts.
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019