Importance of up-to-date software-Learn from my mistake

Learn from my headache.

Just added a HELIX 12 with MEGA trolling motor transducer to my setup. Already had A HELIX 9 SI, HELIX 9 DI and HB 360 with a network switch.

First time out today with the new gear and nothing but problems! Couldn't get them to share feeds and if they would share things were constantly dropping out of the network. The DI and Sonar on the HELIX 12 was just a mess of vertical lines literally across the screen. Changing the source of a feed would cause the unit to lock up. I spent almost 3 hours trying to troubleshoot this on the water. Unhooking components and rebooting trying to identify the failure point through a process of elimination. I was taking screenshots and detailed notes of the different configurations and problems so I could provide Humminbird a thorough analysis of my problems. I finally got fed up and said screw it and started fishing.

At the end of the day I decided to give it one more shot. I remembered I had the Humminbird app on my phone and it showed each of my units needed a software update. Updated the software and....booyah!!! everything is working smoothly and flawlessly, sharing between each unit with no problems, no lockup and not dropping out.

The moral..save yourself the headache and learn from me. Make sure the first thing you check is if your software is up-to-date if you are having problems. It would have saved me 3 hours I could have been fishing.

And to top it off, my Hyrdowave speaker stopped working and I snapped a rod setting the hook on a fish (got him in the boat though).

Robert

2. Banned
    My 9 & 7 have issues for the first 3-4 hours then play well together the rest of the day. I’ll recheck my software but I’m pretty sure they are up to date.

Updating the software on my units fixed all my problems. Wish I would have done it sooner.