Mercury Quickleen

Can Quickleen be used in 4 stroke motors ?

2. Member
    YES!!!!! Don Weed recommends Quickleen and Quickkare in every tank, Quickstor if it's going to set for awhile. I run it every tank, wouldn't consider not using the recommended additives with the price of new motors.

Don

3. Member
    Was recommended by my dealer as well

This has me curious. I know two stroke motors are prone to carbon build up because they do not get as clean of a burn as four stroke motors. All boat motors are prone to carbon build up because they operate at a much lower temperature than a typical four stroke gas engine like what's in your vehicle. This leads me to ask...is the ratio of Quickleen the same for a two stroke as it is for a four stroke? Not that it really matters in my case but I am curious.

I run it in all my vehicles. Cars, trucks, UVs, all my 2 stroke stuff. Good stuff.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

6. Member
    my son uses Yamaha ring free on his sho---so i would guess quickclean would be fine also
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

7. Banned
    why would it not be.

8. Member
    I just bought both I have a 4 stroke. Now how do I add the 1oz each far every 5gallons? Do I just add all of it at the end after I fuel up? Is it ok to sit in the tank I only use two tanks a year maybe. Any tips for this basic task I would love

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    This has me curious. I know two stroke motors are prone to carbon build up because they do not get as clean of a burn as four stroke motors. All boat motors are prone to carbon build up because they operate at a much lower temperature than a typical four stroke gas engine like what's in your vehicle. This leads me to ask...is the ratio of Quickleen the same for a two stroke as it is for a four stroke? Not that it really matters in my case but I am curious.
    To answer my own question I looked on the carbon cleaner I use ,which is Evinrude Carbon Guard. 1oz to 8 gallons on a two stroke and 1 oz to 16 gallons on a four stroke.

10. Member
    I use it in my Mercury 4 stroke .

11. Member
    Thanks for everyone's opinion I just wasn't sure if it could be used in a 4 stroke . Will start adding it.

I use 1,2,and 3 on all my boats!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishingLTN View Post
    I just bought both I have a 4 stroke. Now how do I add the 1oz each far every 5gallons? Do I just add all of it at the end after I fuel up? Is it ok to sit in the tank I only use two tanks a year maybe. Any tips for this basic task I would love
    Add it before you fill the tank that way it mixes better when the gas goes into the tank.

14. Member
    You fill your tanks with fuel at $2.65 a gallon. That’s about $125. Then you add Quickleen to your gas to minimize carbon buildup. Then Quickare to control corrosion, gum and varnish. Then Quickstor or Sta-Bil to stabilize the fuel. Then Premium Plus oil to lube your injectors. If you follow this regimen (cocktail) recommened by many on every fillup, your wallet will be thinned out in no time flat.

15. Member
    If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch! LOL