Thread: Touchpad !

Touchpad !

Well I started having troubles with my trim/tilt system. I have a thread in the Merc 3 Litre forum regarding this. I'm in the very beginning stage of determining what needs repaired. My bow touchpad is not working properly regarding the trtim/tilt buttons. It hasn't worked for a long time but hasn't caused additional troubles. I got a feeling my trouble may wind up being in this touchpad. My reason for this is because when the boat is in the garage for instance, the console power is turned off. If I go to the bow and push one of the buttons on the bow touchpad it will light up the red power light on the console touchpad which I think it the proper thing it is wired to do.

When my trim/tilt started acting up the other day there were a couple times when it tilted up on it's own without any action on my part. During those instances the red power light on the console would light up as it would if activated from the bow.

If you understand this explanation , this is what brings me to think I need to address the bow touchpad before I start digging around in other areas. I have 3 other trim/tilt switches on the boat. One on the steering column, one on the shifter, and one on the motor. Of course there are also relays that could come into play.

Seems like I need to eliminate the known faulty switch on the bow touchpad before looking in other areas since the console power light has been coming on when it acts up on it's own.

I can replace the touchpad or temporarily take it out of the equation. I really would like to replace the touchpad with another know good touchpad for the bow.

Any one know where I can get ahold of one ? It is for an 08 210.

One other question in the event a replacement touchpad cannot be acquired would be regarding a conversion. Do you think I could convert the bow touchpad functions to a bank of rocker switches without having to convert the console touchpad also ?

I really need to correct this obviously but funds are limited and I'm hoping to solve this without going to the shop.
    Last edited by getfished; 09-16-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    GETFISHED !!!

2. Member
    C&O Marine sells a conversion kit. Not cheap but worth it if you plan on keeping the boat a long time.

3. Member
    Had my MegaLink system replaced last winter. $1100.00 for the kit thru C&O Marine. BBC Members get 10% off thru them. D&R marine charged me $1500.00 for the install. Don't regret it one bit. One time I was bed fishing in a tournament and the horn started going off on it's own LOL.