Thread: So sloooow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by toledo freak View Post
    Was getting 5450 & 40 mph out of 17p stock aluminum prop
    I saw 40 once with the 17 black max. The 17 X7 has never made it there

Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Getting close! Outboard in the 3rd hole and ecm is back. Next weekend I’ll be able to test.

Moving things abound in the garage, I’ve scrounged up about 6 extra inches. I might consider a 4” jackplate, but undecided. I like the manual powder coated one (forgot the name) that has the adjustment bolt attached to a cable and also the micro jacker. Pros/cons of either?
    Keep us updated
    Always Ready!

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceG View Post
    Keep us updated
    Going out in the morning.

4. Banned
    ***** The results are in *****

The temp outside was about 75.

Load: 1/4 fuel, 3 batts, 2 people, stuff.

Best I could muster was 42.5 at 5720. This is with the 17P X7.

Water pres was ok at 18-22. I trimmed up until it started to feel a bit odd. I can only describe it as a slip or a chug. Didn't seem like a misfire, more like a yank or a falling over of sorts. One zap of down trim and that went away.

Only other thing I can think of is I was running out of fuel. Gauge showed about an 1/8 when we left. When I fueled up, it took 19.6 gallons and I believe it's a 21 gallon tank.

Overall thoughts? Glad I didn't run out and get a 19P X7. Time to plane is almost instantaneous...maybe 2 seconds. I think this is about all she's got and that's ok.

***** The results are in *****

The temp outside was about 75.

Load: 1/4 fuel, 3 batts, 2 people, stuff.

Best I could muster was 42.5 at 5720. This is with the 17P X7.

Water pres was ok at 18-22. I trimmed up until it started to feel a bit odd. I can only describe it as a slip or a chug. Didn't seem like a misfire, more like a yank or a falling over of sorts. One zap of down trim and that went away.

Only other thing I can think of is I was running out of fuel. Gauge showed about an 1/8 when we left. When I fueled up, it took 19.6 gallons and I believe it's a 21 gallon tank.

Overall thoughts? Glad I didn't run out and get a 19P X7. Time to plane is almost instantaneous...maybe 2 seconds. I think this is about all she's got and that's ok.
    Well 42+ is exceptional with 3 batteries, and 2 people. That’s usually all you get out of a 75 when light. I’d say your there. Enjoy

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Well 42+ is exceptional with 3 batteries, and 2 people. That’s usually all you get out of a 75 when light. I’d say your there. Enjoy
    It is kind of heavy. At slow speeds I can create a wake that any wakeboarder would love.

7. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    My '16 175txw with the 75 4-stroke was a hair faster at 42.x when the stars aligned right with the stock black max but handles WAY better with the stainless Power Tech nrs (I think) prop in the same pitch. My guess is the stock aluminum prop weighs so much less and easier to turn. The stainless does carry the load a lot better. This is with a heavy upgraded trolling motor, 3 heavy batteries, various fuel levels, and a fat boy driving.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

It is kind of heavy. At slow speeds I can create a wake that any wakeboarder would love.
    Did you pull your resistor plate after Ecu mod?
    Always Ready!

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceG View Post
    Did you pull your resistor plate after Ecu mod?
    The power-robbing piece of plastic plate with the hole in the center? Yep. Pops off in 2 seconds.

10. Member
    This is after the tune correct? How heavy are you? I have about 12 rods and reels, three batteries, MK 80 pound Maxxum, a couple extra boxes of tools and misc stuff, a spare prop, and about 12 Plano 3700s stuffed full of tackle and can run about 50 solo with a half tank of gas. Different boat brand but about the same size hull. Maybe the Trackers are a bit heavier, but I believe they had a more efficient hull than my Crestliner VT17. Just curious.
    The power-robbing piece of plastic plate with the hole in the center? Yep. Pops off in 2 seconds.

11. Banned
    I have never run solo. Guess I could go to the local scale and get a weight.

12. Member
    You are pretty close if you are talking two guys and all your stuff. With a second guy and his gear I am at about 42-43.
    I have never run solo. Guess I could go to the local scale and get a weight.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    You are pretty close if you are talking two guys and all your stuff. With a second guy and his gear I am at about 42-43.
    I may be able to squeak a little more out. I have a vessel view link going in and will be able to view trim and water pressure on the Lowrance. (digital trim sender installed). I currently have the Mercury 25/40 oil in the crankcase and may change that to the 10/30 they also recommend. After that, most likely done, as the wallet is not impressed with my spending.

14. Member
    Thats about where I am with mine.
    I may be able to squeak a little more out. I have a vessel view link going in and will be able to view trim and water pressure on the Lowrance. (digital trim sender installed). I currently have the Mercury 25/40 oil in the crankcase and may change that to the 10/30 they also recommend. After that, most likely done, as the wallet is not impressed with my spending.

15. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    I'm pretty shocked at how much speed some of you are losing. My 175 only loses 2-3mph with a second adult in there. Even my buddy at over 300lbs at the time (he got fatter while recovering from back surgery) only slowed it down about 3mph with the stock black max prop. The stainless prop sees about the same percentage loss in speed compared to me alone. My buddy did say me Tracker rides almost as good as his Charger 186 and the deeper V tin hull never hurt his back in the rough stuff while still pretty fresh off a double spinal fusion surgery.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12