Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would rather not use a expired vest,2nd chance ring a bell,If your not wearing it all day,Get an at 550 carrier,Stops more than it’s fair share of common rifle rounds

Ar550 vest darn autocorrect,They have a shelf life of 20 years

3. Member
    There are several Safariland dealers within 50 miles of Kalamazoo. Safariland owns Xtreme and Second Chance. I've had a few Second Chance vests and they were comfortable. I've now got an Armor Express, which is from the family who owned Second Chance before selling out to Safariland. The Armor Express is a good option if you don't want to wait for a Safariland product.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarc View Post
    The Indiana State Police issues Second Chance body armor. Personally been wearing it for over 28 years and have never had any concerns with fit or level of coverage. Best information is to follow above advise and contact a public safety supplier who deals in body armor for a personal fitting. Rule of thumb has always been wear the level of protection which covers the caliber of sidearm the officer carries.
    *Hint- Whatever brand/model you eventually decide to use, buy a spare carrier to swap out for laundry. Nothing gets more ripe than a vest after four days of wear in a hot environment..
    you make an excellent point. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    There are several Safariland dealers within 50 miles of Kalamazoo. Safariland owns Xtreme and Second Chance. I've had a few Second Chance vests and they were comfortable. I've now got an Armor Express, which is from the family who owned Second Chance before selling out to Safariland. The Armor Express is a good option if you don't want to wait for a Safariland product.
    Thanks for the info.

6. Banned
    overkill

7. Member
    I talked to the local Animal Control officer, he was parked and sitting in his truck. It looked like he had a body armor vest on, with his badge pinned to it, so I asked him. He confirmed.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker_114th View Post
    I would rather not use a expired vest,2nd chance ring a bell,If your not wearing it all day,Get an at 550 carrier,Stops more than it’s fair share of common rifle rounds
    Don't do this. You'll wear it a couple of times and then you'll be done. They are super heavy and uncomfortable. If you decide to do a plate carrier, which I would not in your case, do the poly plates that are Level III or III+. Look at Spartan Armor if you decide to go that route. Stay away from any that aren't NIJ certified like the Visim. There's videos on the net showing they don't not stop what they claim they will. I would still suggest soft armor though for what you are wanting to accomplish. If you don't care that it is seen then wear it in an outer carrier. If you do care wear it concealed. Either way it will stop bullets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12