Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlarcher View Post
    It's not buyers remorse at all. Love the boat part, hate the fact that day 1 I have problems after it being marketed as flawless. I service 10 year old cars that ARE flawless. My truck is almost 20 with 300k on it and I would drive it across country and back without hesitation. If our dealer where to sell a car in the price range I paid and had it towed in the next day we would be hearing about it.
    Sorry for your luck. Maybe it’s something simple. Buying a 10 year old or brand new boat can equally have querks that need to be worked out. Vehicles and boats are far from the same. Im not sure how long you have been around them but a boat will let you down from time to time. “flawless” is a unrealistic expectation. I understand your frustration. Been there with the only brand new and “flawless” boat I ever bought . Talk to your dealer they will take care of it.

2. Member

3. Member
    Me too .....
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

4. Member
    Any resolution?

5. Banned
    How is this bad against Triton? Sounds like a motor issue to me.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    How is this bad against Triton? Sounds like a motor issue to me.
    It is but some folks just don't get it.

7. Member
    His complaint was with the boating industry as a whole. Which i do not understand.

8. Member
    Updates ?

This dude is always complaining about something, this time about a “so called reputable dealer” that took him on a flawless water test right beforehand. He then craps on the dealer because he’s not smart enough to operate a kill switch, and won’t even come on here and admit he’s wrong. Says a lot about his character.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jlg309 View Post
    This dude is always complaining about something, this time about a “so called reputable dealer” that took him on a flawless water test right beforehand. He then craps on the dealer because he’s not smart enough to operate a kill switch, and won’t even come on here and admit he’s wrong. Says a lot about his character.
    Is that what actually happened?

11. Member
    I wondered if that is what it was or ran out of gas.

12. Member
    I had a boat that I had maintained and it had performed flawlessly. I was going to sell it to upgrade. I met the potential buyer at the ramp, and the boat would not start. Both the buyer and I are very experienced boat owners, and we pour over the boat with a fine tooth comb to no avail. Afterwards I take my boat to my mechanic and tell him what happened. He said, "did you check the kill switch?" I replied "of course we did?" He took the stop switch collar off letting the switch compress once or twice and put the split collar back on. He fired the boat right up and looked at me as if I were an idiot! It happens...

13. Member
    Can’t satisfy everyone. Every crowd has a cry baby.

14. Member
    If you are so disatisfied with the boat, sell it!

Quote Originally Posted by tlarcher View Post
    I hope so. Just have a nervous wife who hopes we didn't dump a bunch of money into something we can't use. Just seems like the same problems Mercury has had since the 90s and still yet to fix it
    The new Mercury 2.1 75/90/115 Four-strokes are probably the industries most reliable engines. I have had Optimax 1.5's well past 1500 hundred hours too. Give the dealer an opportunity to fix it before you hit the internet

16. Member
    Oh no, here we go again. I will furnish the popcorn, keep the entertainment coming!

17. Member
    I thought this thread had died. Al please put it out of it’s misery!
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12