Axle Replacement?

Hi Guys - I was headed to the lake this morning when I looked back and had a cloud of smoke behind me. I noticed the tire was rubbing the fender, and luckily I was only a mile from home so I limped home. I just removed the wheel and don’t see any signs of bearing failure, but I did notice I am able to rotate the arm that connects the axle and spindle. The bolt holding the arm on is tight and the gears are not stripped. Is there something else that could have failed which caused this or do I need a new axle altogether? Trailer is a 2013 basscat with vault hubs.

2. Member
    Sounds like torsion axle is toast. The torsion arm should not move easily especially not by hand.

Yes, a new axle is in order.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Torsion axle probably... The vulcanized rubber has failed, The spline is spinning inside. .... See if UFP will help you out on a replacement.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Thank you both. Yes after further investigation it’s definitely the torsion axle. Going to give ufp a call first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks again.