USA Tire balance on ranger 198p

I have a 2018/198p Ranger, I noticed that my trailer tires had no wheel weights on the rims. Had my local tire shop try to balance,but the machine kept changing weight locations. Got to thinking that these tires had some of those plastic beads inside the tires to help balance tire. Pulled tire from rim to find a handful of small beads. Dumped out the beads,mounted tire back on rim and balanced tires with wheel weights. I think that it rides better, not a fan of beads for a balance job!

2. Banned
    Them beads are for big truck tires.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by lineman42 View Post
    I have a 2018/198p Ranger, I noticed that my trailer tires had no wheel weights on the rims. Had my local tire shop try to balance,but the machine kept changing weight locations. Got to thinking that these tires had some of those plastic beads inside the tires to help balance tire. Pulled tire from rim to find a handful of small beads. Dumped out the beads,mounted tire back on rim and balanced tires with wheel weights. I think that it rides better, not a fan of beads for a balance job!
    That's interesting because I am going to take my tires/rims to a tire shop this week for a balancing. I noticed on a long trip this month that I am definitely getting more vibration that I used to so I figured a balancing job would help.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

4. Member
    Road force balance?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    That's interesting because I am going to take my tires/rims to a tire shop this week for a balancing. I noticed on a long trip this month that I am definitely getting more vibration that I used to so I figured a balancing job would help.
    Check those tires very closely.
    I've had two Chinese tires go bad in the last two years, but caught it before they blew apart. A new vibration was the first sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    Check those tires very closely.
    I've had two Chinese tires go bad in the last two years, but caught it before they blew apart. A new vibration was the first sign.
    I will keep a close eye on the tires, they are in their fifth season of use and thus far have worn very evenly. They don't get a lot of use but I do make a minimum of two 1300 mile round trips to Ontario each season.
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

7. Banned
    Be sure to jack them up and slowly spin the wheel, looking carefully for any signs of "swerve" in the tread pattern, or any humps or hollows in the tread.

8. Member
    Soooo trailer wheels are lug centric unfortunately most tire shops have hub centric balancers. Need to find a shop that have the lug centric adapters to balance them properly. Until then they’ll never balance right.
    2018 Ranger rt198p
    Evinrude E-TEC G2 150
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80
    Lowrance Elite Ti 12” - bow
    Lowrance Elite Ti2 12” - console

Quote Originally Posted by Stevee k View Post
    Soooo trailer wheels are lug centric unfortunately most tire shops have hub centric balancers. Need to find a shop that have the lug centric adapters to balance them properly. Until then they’ll never balance right.
    Thanks for that info. I will wait until I get back to Smith Mountain Lake to get the tires balanced. I'm pretty sure the tire shops in the area will be familiar with balancing trailer tires as there are about 22,000 boats on the lake.

I had severe vibration on my RT188 trailer. It took Road Force balance to fix it. This link gives an explanation of the process:
    https://www.hogantire.com/shop-for-t...oad-force.aspx
    Last edited by Bill Reynolds; 09-18-2018 at 08:12 PM.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My brother works for Ford in Dearborn and he showed me a road force balancing machine...unreal! The newer ones you can input EXACTLY what the tire is going on and where and the machine will put the tire through the real experience of being on the vehicle/trailer.

Theyre ridiculously expensive, and I don’t think anyone in my area has one...they’re very advanced machines.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    My brother works for Ford in Dearborn and he showed me a road force balancing machine...unreal! The newer ones you can input EXACTLY what the tire is going on and where and the machine will put the tire through the real experience of being on the vehicle/trailer.

Theyre ridiculously expensive, and I don’t think anyone in my area has one...they’re very advanced machines.
    we have the Hunter where I work... they work very well but RVB costs more than regular balancing
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years