Thread: Champion Mean15

Champion Mean15

Old Champion Mean 15

I bought an older Champion boat and trailer 9/3/18. It has been sitting for 7 yrs and was completely stripped of everything. I mean everthing except the steering wheel and cable. My question is are there any other locations that could have a serial number located on it or in it as its gone. I bought it for a fixer upper. I put new hubs and bearings on it and it pulled straight and really well. Bought it for a $100 and trailer was worth that at least. Also, the nose ring for the strap is gone also. How hard would it be to put a new one on it?
    Thanks.

2. Banned
    If I'm not mistaken, the serial numbers are usually stamped into the hull on the transom just below the rub rail.

As far a replacing the "nose ring" or bow eye. Remove the plastic bow panel up by where the trolling motor goes and you should be able to look down the opening and see/or feel the hole/s where the bow eye would come through. Some are just a U bolt type and others have a single threaded rod/bolt. Both fasten from the inside with a nut and washer.

Some Champions had the serial number printed onto the front deck under the carpet. I found that when I was scrapping up the old glue on a re-carpet job on my ‘86 Champ. It was on the starboard side