Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Question User Data and Active Captain

AC on phone with user data (waypoints) and 2 EC+ units networked thru UHD module......

Cleaned up wp file, had a bunch of duplicate and triple copied wp's......place new GPX file on AC thru phone, deleted wp's on older unit.

Problem: when i turn a unit on and connect to the phone with AC it transfers the wp's everytime making multiple copies on the unit and filling up the allotted 5000 allowed. If i turn user synch off on unit, it will not transfer data from phone BUT can not share with other unit (wp's) and yes, i created a wp with unit while user synch was off, did not transfer until i turned it back on and worked as planned.

What i think i need to do: Keep AC app on phone off until i need to transfer data to AC, but i think that defeats the purpose of using the app while fishing OR just delete the wp's on AC app but i believe the unit will transfer the wp's back to AC app (phone) and then next time i use units it will transfer back to unit making duplicate wp's.

So am i missing something here or operating something wrong???
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member

I wish I could help but when I connect to my EM it doesn’t automatically transfer data unless I import export. I’m follow this Incase I ever had the problem when I get another EM this winter.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If no one has any answers i'll try to give Garmin a call this week and see what they say.....at this point i'll just not connect my phone to it....

4. Member
    Wish I could help but I don't know.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Yeah, FC....what’s with these kinds of questions???

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I must be the only one using AC to transfer data....

FC, seems your issue is related to the universal GPX file. GPX files do not have the Garmin-specific identifiers required to prevent wpt duplicates. If you would have used the proprietary ADM format, all would have worked as designed.

Make sure you have your current user data saved. Then, with AC linked, clear all user data and be sure the data is cleared off the MFDs and AC. Then, import your user data as ADM. All should then share properly with no duplication.
    Garmin Pro Team

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Ok, so to get the ADM file i'll have to use the PC for that..... i'll give it a shot this week and report back. And yes, i've been using the GPX file for all as thats what the format AC imports/exports.....