The cat is on the roof...

Bob goes on a long trip and entrusts his moron brother with the care of his cat. When Bob returns, he calls his brother: “I am back, I had a great time! How are things?”

And the brother says flatly, “Your cat is dead.”

Bob is beside himself with grief and chastises his moron brother for breaking the news to him in such an abrupt manner: “What kind of thing is that to say to me; that the cat died? I mean, that's not the way you break bad news!”

The moron brother asks how he could have done it better...

Bob explains: “Well, for example, today when I called you, you could have said, 'The cat is on the roof and I have to call the fire department to get the cat down.' The next time we talked, you could say, 'Well, the fire department came, and they finally got the cat down - but the cat looked quite poorly, so I took it to the vet.' Then, the next time I called, you could say, 'Well, the vet says the cat is very sick, and I'm not sure how things are going to turn out.' Then, finally, when I called you next, you could say, 'The vet did everything he could possibly do, but your cat died.' That way, I would be prepared for the bad news.”

The moron brother says he understands - and then, after a pause, adds...

“Bob - Oh, by the way... Dad is on the roof.”

Hahahahaha
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.