I finally tried a 23 fury on my 618 with 175 pro xs, I’ve been excited to try one since I have run a 23 and 24 tempest, and also a 24 fury, all of which run pretty good on this boat. The 23 fury definitely did not disappoint, I only made a few short runs since I’m on a small lake but it ran right at 64.0 at 5780 rpms on the best pass, this is with about 3/4 fuel and a pretty hefty load of tackle and gear with just me, air temp was 85 and humid. Holeshot was the best of all 4 props, a lot less bowrise than the tempest. Overall, it handled noticeably better than the tempest and got to wot quicker, so far it is my favorite of the four.

Out of curiosity I switched to my 24 tempest and made a few more runs so I could have a good comparison with the same conditions. Like I mentioned before, the holeshot wasn’t as quick and more bowrise, took longer to get to wot but the tempest did run 64.0 also on the best pass at 5620 rpms.

I was suprised at the difference in rpms between the 23 fury and 24 tempest, I was expecting similar rpms with them but the fury ran over 150 rpms more.

I did not adjust the jackplate because it is a z lock manual which is the biggest POS there is to adjust quickly so all runs were at the same motor height of 3.5” below pad.