Morehead City Hurricane Boats

What do the owners of those big 40 foot+ boats do with their boats when a hurricane hits??

Hope and pray the docks dont break off... I'm in charlotte nc, and watching oak limbs crack and creak in 25 mph gusts. Tomorrow they say a steady 25-35 mph wind. And that charlotte area can expect 12" or rain +. I might be able to get my caracal into the creek out back, it normally comes up a good 7-9' when a heavy rain hits a day or two. This is going to be intresting.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

A lot/most are lifted out of the water with staps and a crane and stored in boat yards. Some people just drive em away....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    A lot just carry insurance. Least people I have known. If they are in a safe dock.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

In Florida we would moor them on the inter-coastal.

6. Member
    Lots of people on the Chesapeake Bay pulled their boats when Hurricane Isabelle hit several years ago. The tidal surge came up so high that all the boats that were stored on blocks in the marina parking lot floated off and were destroyed. The best thing to do is leave your boat in the water in a semi protected area. Double your lines and apply them properly so the boat can rise with the storm surge.