Everglades at night

Anyone ever fished the glades at night? Anywhere along US27 or I75 or US41?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFL_BASSIN View Post
    Anyone ever fished the glades at night? Anywhere along US27 or I75 or US41?
    Yes, and cover up because once the sun goes down, those mosquitoes are brutal.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The mosquitos are capable of carrying you away, or draining you within minutes! I always wore my old mosquito jacket from when I used to bow hunt in Florida....Bug Tamer? I think that’s what it was called.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    A fellow I worked with about 30 years ago would go down there in the winter time. He and a buddy would use a seine net and catch baby gars. They would go at night only. Not sure it was legal but all they were interested in was gars 4 inches or less. Sold them to some guy in the tropical fish business in Ruskin and got a dollar a piece. Usually got around 400 of them. The Japanese were crazy about them. He said every few trips they would get an albino and those were worth $ 400 each. Tough way to make money but he said he did it every winter for many years. Never heard of such a thing before or since.

Mm 41 and by the rest stop i believe its mm35. Great at night. Bug spray and a bug net. Lots of people in our club use a fan to rid of mosquitos. Water is not moving as fast holiday (big L).
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!