Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nice Boat!!

I have had four flats boats and did a lot of fishing for reds and trout out of Yankee town. Got a Bass Boat and don't look back' If I did want to do anymore flats fishing I would get a heavy aluminum gauge boat with a Mud Motor!!

I always like those Ranger Intarcoastals !!!!!

4. Member
    Sorry guys. A Ranger Intracoastal is not a flats boat. It’s a bass boat with no carpet. Flats boats have flat gunnels that are walkable as a basic design point.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    Sorry guys. A Ranger Intracoastal is not a flats boat. It’s a bass boat with no carpet. Flats boats have flat gunnels that are walkable as a basic design point.
    I realize that , but I've always liked them .

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Showoff! That Ranger Intercoastal in a clean looking badass boat!!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

7. Member
    I went through this process a while back. Action craft makes a good crossover design that rides good in chop. Egret makes an incredible boat but will be out of your stated price range, even heavily used. Yellowfin has a hybrid for both but also is pricey.

Sterling is is the best combo boat I’ve found as far as layout and fishability for both salt and bass fishing. Well built boat, great ride, good storage.

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Not a flats boat but when I got the itch to go saltwater fishing I went to the Tampa Boat Show and walked out with this. 20’ Sea Pro with a 6” hydraulic jackplate, power pole, Mercury 150 and a nice trolling motor. It was no bass boat but other than rod storage I could fish anywhere anytime.

I caught trout, reds, snook, kingfish, Bass, cobia, grouper...whatever I wanted I could do it. It had a great front deck and when I wasn’t fishing I’d grab the girlfriend and go scalloping or just pleasure boating.

I cant do that with my little aluminum Triton but I was in a different place then and this boat did everything I asked it to.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12