Banned

My RFI issue is fixed................................

First of all, a BIG shout out to Wayne for his help in solving the issue with my bow unit, a Helix 10 SI. Trolling motor is a Motor Guide Tour 82. The 2D sonar worked fine, DI would work but structure and fish were hard to see. SI was impossible to see due to the screen turning a solid yellow if you stayed on the switch.

Tip #1 was what to do with the excess ducer cable hidden under the bow switch panel. Tip #2 was have the brushes in the TM replaced if more than a year old and used a lot. The TM was the problem due to water intrusion and corrosion of the internal ground wire.

The work was done by Swaffords trolling motor repair/sales in Lenoir City,TN. Rick Swafford really took care of me and had it fixed in one (1) day. I recommend him to anyone in the East TN area. The pic below shows what he did to fix the problem.

Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Price seems good also.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron H 520 View Post
    Price seems good also.
    I would say a lot of the issues with interference might be fixed with a check of the TM.

If it fixed the issue does the price really matter?? I'm betting most would pay twice that to stop interference.