Thread: Nitro V-20?

Banned

Nitro V-20?

MLF thread say the next-gen Nitro will use the V-20 hull, can anyone here confirm?

2. Member
    I have no clue what will be done. Last time I spoke with Pete at Legend i asked about this possibility and he said he had heard of no plans of using the V20 hull in any of the other wrmg brands. If nitro does end up using it no doubt it will be a complete pos

3. Member
    Why do you say it will be a POS? Because of existing problems that the V20 has/had, or something entirely different?

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Why do you say it will be a POS? Because of existing problems that the V20 has/had, or something entirely different?
    Lol. Love this answer.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Eeeeewwww
    @captainmorganlegend

6. Member
    as much as I see the complaints with a lot of the tracker stuff I never had any issues with my old Nitro...
    Now I will say.. the finish of my Legend is a lot nicer than my old Nitro.. but that being said the wiring in every boat sucks.. new nitros, new rangers, Skeeter etc..
    Having looked at a 2013 Z8 before I bought the legend it was gel coated inside and out, I was honestly impressed.. the 2015 I looked at was not this way.. so I dont know why they stopped doing it..
    on another note rigging any nitro is easier than any other manufacturer boat on the market everything is open and easy to get to..
    at the end of the day.. nothing on the boat is from the maker aside from the hull and trims
    If you buy a new Nitro from bass and you have a motor problem then thats gonna go to mercury and i assume bass pro will be of no help..
    trailer issue-trailer company again bass pro probably no help
    electronic issue-same thing
    if you buy something from smaller dealership such Sartin Marine or Fun n Sun they would be more inclined to help you out with any situation so yes a Skeeter, Phoenix, or Charger would have a lot more appeal than a Nitro or even a Ranger now lol
    All things considered I would have not problem buying any used boat in really good shape

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    MLF thread say the next-gen Nitro will use the V-20 hull, can anyone here confirm?
    I have not heard that but I guess anything is possible.
    Its funny reading all of the Nitro haters comments knowing that many have never owned a newer Z-series but they have heard all of the stories about how people have had so much trouble out of them.
    I have had 3 new Legend V-series and loved everything about them, other than the V-21 being so slow, I now have a 2018 Nitro Z-21 with the new four stroke ProXS and can honestly say that I dont miss my Legend. Sure there are things that I liked better on the Legend but there are also things that I like better on the Nitro's. Alot of it comes down to personal preference, a Ford/Chevy kind of deal. WRMG can do whatever they want with the Legend V- hulls but I dont think there is anything wrong with the Nitro hulls, the 21 is faster than any of my V-20's, jumps out of the hole faster (may be more to do with the four stroke), handles better (more responsive) and is actually wider at the consoles than the Legend V-20.
    If they do come up with a mix of the hulls, it should be a good thing all the way around.

8. Member
    Nope it will be a triton called the triton TRV-20 all new deck layout. Suppose to compete with Phoenix

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    Nope it will be a triton called the triton TRV-20 all new deck layout. Suppose to compete with Phoenix
    Seems more logical, they ARE building Tritons in the old Legend facility now...

10. Member
    If you dont think the newer Nitro's are crap go over to the nitro board and read their threads. Every day there is more about quality in the new boats ranging from hull hook, motor mounted crooked, carpet torn on edges, stuff falling off, electronics not working from factory etc. I know there are many that dont have issues but there are probably just as many that do. I knew a guy who ordered a z19 got the boat took it out and fell thru the deck lid on first outing due to it having a crack across the entire lid. I've seen a console fall off a newer nitro. Legends may have had a few issues but nothing like those mass produced shit buckets.

11. Banned
    Well Legend is discontinued and the mass produced Nitros are still around and will be for a long long time... sigh.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieV20 View Post
    Legends may have had a few issues but nothing like those mass produced shit buckets.
    I think if you were to compare sales volumes between the two VS "issues" between the two....the number (percentage wise) would be allot closer than you would like to admit.
    I enjoy my "mass produced shit bucket" just fine. I simply wish that everyone could be respectful towards one another and their brand of choosing. I'll never understand the need to bash another brand...esp if you have no prior experience with the brand you are bashing.
    Legend was a great boat and I am sorry to see that it has been discontinued.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Well Legend is discontinued and the mass produced Nitros are still around and will be for a long long time... sigh.
    Enough said.

14. Member
    Thank you. The ones that usually do all the hardcore bashing are usually ones that is unsecured about the boats that they have purchased

Quote Originally Posted by HokieV20 View Post
    If you dont think the newer Nitro's are crap go over to the nitro board and read their threads. Every day there is more about quality in the new boats ranging from hull hook, motor mounted crooked, carpet torn on edges, stuff falling off, electronics not working from factory etc. I know there are many that dont have issues but there are probably just as many that do. I knew a guy who ordered a z19 got the boat took it out and fell thru the deck lid on first outing due to it having a crack across the entire lid. I've seen a console fall off a newer nitro. Legends may have had a few issues but nothing like those mass produced shit buckets.
    You make me want to get banned from this site
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089