Thread: Mark Twain Lake

Question Mark Twain Lake

Will be going back home on vacation next week and was wondering if anyone had any tips for Mark Twain Lake. Brother in law plans on taking me next Tues or Wed.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    I fished a bit on Sunday. Was up early and put it at 6. This lake is still hard for me to figure out. I ended with about ten short fish. Most all on spinnerbaits. Had one or two on a shallow crank. I threw a worm and jig a bit with no luck. Good luck.

3. Member
    Tough bite there right now - which is typical this time of year...... however, there can be fish caught just don't expect it everywhere you stop to fish...... you might try chasing shad and targeting the fish that are busting them... G'luck!

Thank you guys. I appreciate the suggestions. I'll let you know how things went.

wanted to let you guys know, went out last Wed and Thurs. ended up catching 7 largemouth and 16 bluegill at Mark Twain. Caught all but one 2-10 ft deep. Used worms, 5 inch before sun come up it would be black/blue. After sun came up used green pumpkin w/ black fleck. Water temp was 80-85 degrees, visibility was 3-4 foot.
    Thanks for the suggestions, had a good time lake looked nice!

6. Member
    Any of the bass keeper-size? (>15")

4 of them were.