Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

New storage building for the bug (and a few other things)

I am getting ready to sign a contract for a new pole barn on my 7 acres my wife and I bought last year. It will be 30'x60'x14' with an 8'x24' long overhang on one side. There will be 6" concrete inside and a 4" slab outside under the overhang

The builder is a few months out to start work, it looks like they will get started some time in January.

To say I am stoked would be an understatement. I will update this thread as things progress

looks like it will be nice.

3. Member
    Nice. You will love it and fill it up.
    Praying for a Cure

4. Scraps
    Nice.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    I’m jealous! Very nice

6. Member
    Very nice. I just got done having a 40x60 put up last year. Already looking at adding a full length lean to/overhang on one side for additional storage area.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

7. Member
    If your budget allows make the lean to wider and longer.

8. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    i'd build the lean to big enough for the camper. i wouldn't want valuable shop space eaten up with a camper.
    but if you do that's cool too

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

9. Member

10. Member
    Are you sure a camper will fit in a 12' door? I dont think my bumper pull would have. I think the a/c would hit. Plus if you take that thing out you wouldn't ever have to unhook your truck from the boat lol

11. Member
    Thanks. When we were discussing price last night we went ahead and extended the overhang along the side of the building to be full length. It will not be enclosed, but will keep stuff dry and be a great place to hang out.

12. Member
    That was the original plan, but the county is getting in the way. They are making me set the building back 25' from my property line, because of this it would be impossible to get the camper under the overhang. I would have to scoot the building over another 12' from my property line. This would make the garage doors inaccessible and would block the view of the pond from my bedroom.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Are you sure a camper will fit in a 12' door? I dont think my bumper pull would have. I think the a/c would hit. Plus if you take that thing out you wouldn't ever have to unhook your truck from the boat lol

The camper is 10'6" with the AC.

14. Member
    Here is an updated elevation of the side view. This shows the layout with the overhang extending the length of the shop.

Does anyone have any experience with colored concrete or tinted sealers? I do not really want to epoxy the floor afterwards, I was hoping to come up with a more permanent solution.

15. Member
    Fun times ahead...

16. Member
    Well, I got the permit pulled this week. I am hoping they start the work by the end of February.

17. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Congrats!! It's certainly your choice, but will you keep that exact same camper for the rest of your life? I know my camper is 12'8 to clear the AC. Don't get me wrong, I am drooling at the thought of having a shop as nice as you are getting. But would go with a 14' door height to cover the future.

Are you off old KC Highway? My daughter lives by 231 rd at old KC highway.

19. Member
    I built a building almost identical to what you are doing. I too store my camper in it along with ATV's, my boat sometimes, ect. If I were to do it again I would rotate it 90 degrees and put the doors on the long side. I find myself having to move the camper often as it tends to get in the way. My brother built almost the same building and turned it so the doors are along the long side. Works much better.

You mentioned it blocking your view of the pond and I completely understand but its something you might consider.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

20. Member
    Congrats, I built a 30x35 garage for my boat and 2 1969 Camaros, still have the boat, now I have a place to put my truck!! Good luck!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast