Co-angler questions for Gator division

I will be fishing the upcoming Gator division tournament as a co-angler. I have never fished a tournament as a co-angler so I have a few questions. What is a general rule of amount of equipment to bring? I was planning on 3 rods a possibly a tackle back pack. Debating on which style pfd to bring, inflatable or standard. I prefer the the standard but they do take up some space.

2. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    3 rods and a tackle bag is fine.. (4-6 would be my amount, unless you know exactly how/where you'll be fishing) Full size vest also fine. ( Note: I've never been a co. in a large tx either, but if you can't bring at least what I just quoted, what's the point in going?) Bigger question is how much gas $ your gonna give the boater.. Good luck!!

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’ve never fished as a co-angler but do you get paired up ahead of time so you could ask the boat owner the question?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    I was wondering about gas money also?

5. Member
    I have my own boat, but haven't never fished a tournament before so I figure I would try this to learn the system.

6. Member
    I fish them as a boater and I tell my Co anglers the night before bring whatever rods you want. I also keep the back hatch behind passenger seat empty so they can put all their stuff in it. As for the gas money it’s your call. So far this year I’ve gotten between 40 and 100 but I never tell the co angler to give me a certain amount. Good luck

7. Member
    Been fishing bfls for 10 years. Half of that time as a boater. Bring however many rods you feel comfortable dealing with. It doesn’t bother the boater unless he has a flats boat or center console. Just remember the more rods you bring the higher the likelyhood you’ll be spending more time untangling them after each stop. I typically leave the hatch behind the passenger seat open for co angler use. A solid size tacklebag is fine. I normally only ask for $20 for gas but I’ve had boaters request $60-80 before. I would say offer $40 and if too much maybe he will give some back. Good luck. Lake is fishing kinda tough from what I can tell.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill