Bullock Pen Boat Ramp

I heard that the Bullock Pen boat ramp is closed because they're constructing a new one (which was very much needed!). Anyone know when the construction will be completed? KY Dept of Fish and Wildlife website just says it's closed until further notice.

2. Member
    if u hear anythn letus know

3. Member
    thanks for sharing, I will post if I see it repaired. I've stopped down there back in July and could see the old house was torn down. I had no idea what was going on and have not tried putting in on that lake this year. That ramp was the pits; especially just before sun-up when you are launching alone.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

4. Member
    Learned this morning that they're rehabilitating the dam as well. I'm guessing the work will start in the spring. Constructing a new 260-foot wide spillway, raising the crest, etc. The county/state is dumping a lot of money in this little lake! I'm just happy they're constructing a new ramp!

The house I just bought has property on the lake. Nice to see they are fixing it up!
    I heard the ramp will be done in the Spring. Always heard rumors of "dam repairs" but they have always been rumors. Haven't seen anything published about the dam.

https://kentucky.gov/Pages/Activity-...dlife&prId=303

6. Member
    The bid documents for the dam rehabilitation are out (Request No. RFB-104-19). Bids are due 11/20/18.

https://www.stateofkyplanroom.com/Vi..._id=public_all

It's the 5th or 6th one down on the list.

Well that is interesting. When I click the link, it says I need to login?
    Wonder if the dam work will push back the ramp opening.