1. Member
    I'm thinking about ordering this one.

https://www.boatownersworld.com/ufle...ing-wheel.html
    GETFISHED !!!

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I'm thinking about ordering this one.

Let me know how it works. May get that one myself.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Let me know how it works. May get that one myself.
    Will do It's the closest match to what I have now. I will remove the old one to see if there is any info before I order. Will probably do that today.
    GETFISHED !!!

I wonder if that same wheel would fit on my 2000 model 202... im also in the group with a missing center cap and would LOVE to just replace the whole wheel so i can get the "new" look

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcg202champ View Post
    I wonder if that same wheel would fit on my 2000 model 202... im also in the group with a missing center cap and would LOVE to just replace the whole wheel so i can get the "new" look
    Did you look at the link. After reading the info there my impression was that this wheel is basically a standart tapered 3/4" keyed shaft

The surprise will be on me when I pull my wheel if it's actually something different. My guess is your is the same as mine.
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Member
    is it safe to assume you have seastar hydraulic steering? the 3/4" tapered shaft is most likely what you have. Remove the single nut on the shaft to remove wheel and hub. you may need a puller if its frozen on the shaft. you can borrow one from autozone if needed. very simpler to swap out.

Not to hyjack this thread but to answer the question above... YES i have a seastar hydraulic steering system on my boat, i haven't had a chance to look my wheel over very well. It should be easy for me since mine doesn't have a centercap cover so i can see the hubnut very easily.

8. 80.3 mph and squeezing bruce''s Avatar
    Anyone have a idea on how to keep the center cap in. I have caught mine twice. So i keep it in the glove box.
    Fishing Texas lakes one at a time
    2000 Baltex hull 202 Elite Champion
    2016 250 pro
    8 inch Hydraulic Jack Plate
    tempest 27 work by Steve
    Hook sets are fishing reality.

9. Member
    Well...I have lost two, and have a third on the way. Last I read, a little silicone sealant may help.... I'll let you know how the third works out.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

10. Member

I got this wheel in today. It is almost exactly like the original wheel. This wheel diameter is actually just a tad larger diameter. But it is not enough to notice or cause an issue. The new wheel hub has 6 alan head screws attaching it to the wheel. My original wheel and hub has 5 alan screws so you have to use the new hub it comes with. The new hub is not as tall as the original so it will sit slightly closer to the console which is fine for a well fed guy like me. One other difference is hard to explain but on the original wheel part of the black on the back side of the wheel is perforated with small air pinholes. The new wheel does not have them.

The center cap on the new wheel is smaller so my Champion center cap will not fit. Both center caps have a round snap ring to hold the cap in place.

All in all I'm happy
    GETFISHED !!!

Sweet deal.. glad you had sone luck with the purchase and installing it.... guess that will be next on my updates to give my boat

12. Member
    One other thing that may be a moot point . On my old hub some of the alan heads were froze up and I ended up breaking a couple of them. I think on this new hub before I install it I am going to try to remove it from the wheel. If the screws will back out I will give them a coat of anti seize so that maybe someday in the future if it needs removed maybe it can be done without breaking any of the alan head screws.
    GETFISHED !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12