Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Lol, that lightning bolt made us run back to the ramp too! My buddy was wanting to quit at 11 and I told him, “you made me drive out here and we aren’t leaving until we get our third fish”! That bolt struck and I said, “ok you win time to go”.

Saturday was one of the best catching days I’ve had in a long time, we had 8 fish over 15”; but on Sunday they all seemed to be 14 1/2”.

2. Banned
    Our third keep on Sunday came out of the water as I pulled the bait up, it literally jumped a foot out of the water and ate it, hit the top cap of the boat, bounced back and I pulled him back in the boat. Weirdest shit I've seen in a while, I wish I had have done things differently on Friday while prefishing. I did some things wrong and set us back for the tournament. I didn't feel good, back pain came back Friday evening and made for a long day on Saturday and I didn't fish very well. Hard to think and put out a good effort if your in pain.

3. Banned
    Yes sir that’s for sure, back pain is the worst! The fish seemed to do a 180 from what they had been doing when that system moved in, my bud said that he was catching them basically on the bank because they were chasing tiny baitfish up there. Well come Saturday morning they weren’t on that bank anymore, but they had moved out to the grass clumps and deeper water. Might have been the boat pressure too, the area we were in was getting pounded. We were killing them on frogs, but the biggest 3 came on a Carolina rig (which I loathe throwing). Sunday they hit those frogs good until the rain. I think we screwed up by not punching the grass mats, it’s the one thing that we didn’t try. Hard headed and just to lazy to tie a big jig on I guess.

Glad you guys did well, lots of boats out there!

4. Banned
    Friend of mine had been on a punching bite for a month down there, but they weren't there during the tournament. We caught them on everything you could throw, deep to shallow all day long just lacking quality fish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12