Jordan/falls flooding

Hi guys, what kind of implications are there for the local lakes with 5-8 inches of rain?
    Will it be a few weeks before they’re fishable?
    thanks

I know Jordan will be a massive debris field , dangerous to run on for while then you have the high water to deal with

3. Member
    I’ve caught a lot of fish in Jordan when it was way high and muddy but it was in the spring,might be different now. Like bass2dy said,Jordan will be hard to run for a few days.

4. Member
    Rip, how is the storm down your way?...SB...
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

Jordan may not get real bad, maybe up 4 or 5 feet. Most of Jordans watershed is to the north and west where they wont be getting quite as much rain. Then again the corps may hold water back to benefit the Cape Fear river down stream. Falls may also be far enough north that they wont get rediculous amounts of rainfall.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

6. Member
    Falls only had come up a couple inch’s.
    Im keeping my fingers crossed it floods a lot.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin2 View Post
    Rip, how is the storm down your way?...SB...
    Not a lot to it,thankfully. So far,we got 5” of rain and yesterday the wind was gusting to maybe 50 mph,enough to blow down all my okra in the garden though. We didn’t lose power,just flickered a few times.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    Jordan may not get real bad, maybe up 4 or 5 feet. Most of Jordans watershed is to the north and west where they wont be getting quite as much rain. Then again the corps may hold water back to benefit the Cape Fear river down stream. Falls may also be far enough north that they wont get rediculous amounts of rainfall.
    Neil,the lakes up there will be getting a lot more rain in the next 2-3 days. Flo is supposed to hook NW and dump 3-5” of rain on the triangle area. I bet you can fish the bushes next weekend.

9. Member
    https://nc.water.usgs.gov/realtime/rainfall.php found this earlier . may be helpful in the next few days

10. Banned
    That is a neat website for that info.

11. Member
    I hope that they hold back a LOT of water from coming down stream. That was one of the main reasons that Jordan was built. My business backs up to the Cape Fear river and during Matthew it was only 10 feet from the top of the bank before flooding our property. We made as much preparations as possible before leaving out on Thursday afternoon but there is never enough that you can do.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

12. Member
    FWIW, saw on facebook the marina owners at Jordan have been in contact with ACOE and they are projecting Jordan to fill up to 236. This is 20 ft above normal pool and would break the lake record of 233 set in 2003 (you can see the line and date painted on a 64 bridge piling) Also said it would be a slow process of releasing the water due to the floods down east. Overall, Jordan will do what it was built to do holding water back from the Cape Fear. It’s risen 3 feet since Thursday and should be filling up fast. Again, all heresay but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if it gets up that high.

My prediction above was way off.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

14. Member
    My prediction above was way off.
    I drove by today and it sure looked full. Today’s heavy rain wont help either...

15. Banned
    Jordan is 229.5 Today. 13 1/2 above full pond. I would assume that they will hold as much water as they can before releasing down stream to help with flooding. We got the rain Sunday. 10" at my house in the rain gauge from Sunday morning to Monday morning.