Angry Have I told you how bad I hate tube frame trailers.

Surge brakes quit working.
    Checked fluid level which was low. So I added fluid and started bleeding.. Could tell right off something was not right.
    Long story short the brake line had a hole in it from rubbing on the inside of the frame.
    Took most of the day and two trips to the parts store.
    Not an easy task for an ol man with a bad back.. Had a path worn from going back and forth trying to get that brake line out - spliced then back in. Not to mention bleeding by myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Well that sucks!

Save the greif and use this next time for $32 >>> http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/...l#.W51l4vZFzIU

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Would be nice.. still have to get the old one out and the new one in.
    I attached a pull cord to the brake line so It would come back through after repairs.. It got hung up on a ground wire that was attached to inner frame just in front of the wheel well and rendered it useless..
    Swore I'd not have a tube trailer after my last one.....Guarantee I will never own another..

5. Member
    Well then if it doesn't have an adverse effect, can you just leave the old line in?

You could but it would just make running the new one even tougher. Plus if left inside unhooked on each end it will vibrate even more and could start causing wire issues.

7. Member
    Mine runs on the outside of the tube.

Now theres an idea !!
    Where it intersects a cross member does it go over or under ?

I really like the rubber brake line idea over the steel. I would probably run it over the crossmembers and attach it high on the frame to keep something from hitting or grabbing it going down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Larry View Post
    I really like the rubber brake line idea over the steel. I would probably run it over the crossmembers and attach it high on the frame to keep something from hitting or grabbing it going down the road.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Now theres an idea !!
    I'd go over since the boat should be on bunk boards and not touch the line. Some zipties and you're towing again. Maybe not pretty but I guess it'd work.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Now theres an idea !!
    My cross members are not as tall as the framerails so the lines go right below the crossmember mounted to the side of the framerails. Make sense? My rails are like 5" and the crossmember is 4". They are flush on the top so they have the line ran at the bottom and straight through under the crossmember.

Quote Originally Posted by transamz9 View Post
    My cross members are not as tall as the framerails so the lines go right below the crossmember mounted to the side of the framerails. Make sense? My rails are like 5" and the crossmember is 4". They are flush on the top so they have the line ran at the bottom and straight through under the crossmember.

14. Member
    Moved all my lines to outside of frame, no more issues

15. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Living down on the coast and fishing in brackish water we see tube trailers rust out in less than 5 years. Some much quicker.

But with that said, I just had a metal line break on me a few weeks back on my channel trailer. Can happen anywhere!