Compressor Replacement

Hey Gang while on my way back to the ramp after a 5 minute run I have the dreaded compressor rattle. When I took the cowl off there is oil sitting on top of the compressor what is the procedure for replacement. The motor is a 2012 250 pro xs serial number 1B823870

I have a donor motor a 2008 serial #1B703034 anyone know if parts will be compatible?

Thanks Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    If it is the original compressor, you are then looking at a time bomb. Probably with a short fuse depending on the hours on the motor. If it has been replaced since 2008 and it has the updated the compressor, you might me OK. No way to tell for sure but you will likely have better odds if the compressor is the new updated one. I believe the oil ports are in different locations on the old one. Cant exactly remember. if the old one matches your newer dead one, then it may be the newer updated one.

somebody who is familiar needs to chime in and I think Don and Savage are both dealing with the hurricane. Be careful with this.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    When replacing compressor, return oil line filters (2) MUST be replaced. If the compressor failed with ANY form of metal damage or fragmentation to ANY internal portion of the compressor, the rails and direct injectors REALLY need to be cleaned, validated and serviced before the engine is run again.

The compressor on your Serial #
    1B703034 would be compatible. YOU would need to determine it's condition and suitability, based on your own inspection and decision.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thanks for the replies! Hopefully everyone fairs welll with the hurricane!