Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Triton Going Away

Heard a rumor that Triton will be getting phased out by 2021 and name changed to Nitro TRX. Anyone heard anything? Hard for me to believe Johnny Morris would do away will one of the top selling brands.
    2014 Triton 21TRX w/ 250 Pro XS.

2. Banned
    Maybe. He owns them and can afford to do it.

Here we go again
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

It is always possible. JM has a long history of shutting down companies...Procraft, Fischer, Stratos, Legend and probably a few others. All those were not seling very well. Triton is selling well. JM could always just convert the decals to “Nitro” and kill the brand without killing the boats.
    Last edited by 06 SB; 09-12-2018 at 07:47 PM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Why would he want to close a successful brand, a market share, just so potential Triton customers would now have more reason to go to brands not owned by the white river groups? That makes no sense in marketing or financial terms. If a brand was not mAking expected financial return they could either sell it off or wind it up or merge it.
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo59 View Post
    Here we go again
    No shit, couple of threads about the same damn thing. JM spent 10mil to give Triton there own home and then shut it down, makes as much sense as wiping before you poop.

7. Member

8. Joe4d
    Budget Nitro, midrange Triton, Luxury Ranger, kinda makes sense.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo59 View Post
    Why would he want to close a successful brand, a market share, just so potential Triton customers would now have more reason to go to brands not owned by the white river groups? That makes no sense in marketing or financial terms. If a brand was not mAking expected financial return they could either sell it off or wind it up or merge it.
    This was my exact thoughts. I’m not sure why he would want to kill a successful brand. Sounds like the boats would stay but the name would go away. This came from a very reliable source.
    2014 Triton 21TRX w/ 250 Pro XS.

10. Joe4d
    I think there is a good market for a 3rd brand. Lot of folks would never buy a Nitro. I think it would kill sales to rebadge Tritons Nitro even if they share alot of parts.

11. Member
    Too many pros on your run Triton. As long as Triton can compete with the other makes that are not JM brand, they will never go away.

12. Member
    Most people think of Earl Bentz when they think of Triton. Perhaps Mr. Morris doesn't like that. Our egos can persuade us to do un logical things sometimes.

13. Member
    I just don't think JM is going to make it easy for Earl Bentz's new company to step in and pick some of those Triton sales. That will keep Triton alive for a while at least.

Please tell me when you have more than "I heard someone say."
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

15. Member

Fake News

I guess this forum is not immune to "fake news". You guys need to stop falling for this kind of garbage. Stick to the facts. Triton now has their own home and JM has spent and continues to spend on facilities for the Triton brand; Earl has departed and is starting another boat company that is mainly salt water center console types, although he is going to build a bass boat (21 ft) too. When JM announced the moving of the Triton offices in Tenn to Midway, some of the Triton folks in Tenn. would rather quit than move to Arkansas and they did. Will probably go to work for Earl again.
    Last edited by SteveS; 09-13-2018 at 09:51 PM.

16. Banned
    Just like it was fake news in summer of 2017 that Legend was going away after they were bought by Johnny Johnny Morris has a vision and that vision is Nitro as his sole bass boat company, Triton will eventually be assimilated, Ranger who knows but I could see him selling them off if things don't work out, former Ranger owners are already not liking them now that basspro owns them.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Just like it was fake news in summer of 2017 that Legend was going away after they were bought by Johnny Johnny Morris has a vision and that vision is Nitro as his sole bass boat company, Triton will eventually be assimilated, Ranger who knows but I could see him selling them off if things don't work out, former Ranger owners are already not liking them now that basspro owns them.
    The difference between Legend and Triton is Triton is selling a lot of boats, and continues to show more growth potential.

18. Member
    Fun fact!
    JM purchased a boat manufacture in Texas that was having financial problems. JM was looking to get in to fiberglass boats.
    So in 1989 JM purchased NITRO boats!

He did not Change the name, and he did nothing but make improvements to Nitro!

I would not expect anything different with the brands he owns now!

Keep in mind some of the other brands he(White River Marine Group) owns were either having financial issues or spreading them selves thin with multiple brands and models trying to compete. And holding companies that only care about one thing.. MONEY and investors! Which is fine and what a business needs to do for obvious reasons! It was a real hard time for a lot of manufactures. Some brands Stratos, Legend..Etc.. had to go, the portfolio needed to be narrowed down and focused. Cut the extra fat in away.

Now these companies are back in the hands of a guy that loves the outdoors as much as we do! Not some penny pinchers trying to get the most out the business/s they got in a deal!

Johnny Morris knows all to well about Brand Loyalty as does Forrest L. Wood!!!

The future IMO looks bright for (White River Marine)!

Triton is not going anywhere,,as long as you all keep buying them!!!
    Last edited by moetorola; 09-17-2018 at 04:57 PM.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Still can't get over it huh? There are no comparison in numbers sold between the two. He bought Legend for the facilities, shut down a failing operation and move a successful brand in, It's just good business.

20. Member
    Triton Going Away
    Yup they are gone.....for the fourth time this month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast