fury 23 vs tempest 23

just recently saw mercury is offering a fury 3 blade in 23 pitch. i currently run a 23p tempest plus on my ranger 188vx and im wondering if there is any difference performance wise.

It may be a little faster with a light load and 150-200 less rpms.... But if you run heavy, It may run slower as they dont carry a load as well as a Tempest plus.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

my experience with Fury props vs tempest is you will need to drop 1 pitch with a fury to maintain the same rpm, the fury will have a little better hole shot and about the same top speed on medium and lighter boats. Will be slower on heavier rigs.
    However if you get a fury reworked by Ronnie Gilbert it will outperform the very best tempest in all regards, will even provide good lift on heavier boats such as Rangers. Out of the box you will lose about 150 rpm compared to the tempest
    Are you getting close to the rev limiter with your tempest, if so I would go with the 23 fury, base line it, top speed, max rpm, best engine height (1/2 deeper than the tempest)
    then call Ronnie Gilbert at 337 380 1437 and discuss it with him.
    Complete base line information on your boat would help us help you as well as what your priorities are
    In stock form I believe that a tempest is somewhat better than a Fury esp. with heavy loads
    Thank You Leon Pugh