Ok this might sound stupid...but gonna ask anyway

my boat still has a leak somewhere. haven't had a lot of a change to look it over.
    so last night I filled the Bilge up with water and dawn dish soap to pull it around some today to clean the bilge area. got up this morning to drag it to work with me and had quite a bit of water on the carport under the back of the boat and it was soapy water but never could see where it was leaking. was actually dripping on the concrete from the very back cross support on the trailer. I checked the plug it was dry, also checked the livewell pump in it was dry and also the livewell overflow fitting and it was dry. felt around the whole step area of the back of the boat and couldn't feel anything water wise. so I have no clue where its coming from.

so now on to my stupid question. if I put water in the bilge area and filled it up pretty well and added food coloring would the coloring do any damage or stain the bilge area on the inside

2. Member
    Could it be leaking above one of the bunks and just trickling down the trailer? I wouldn't do the food coloring thing. I would keep filling the bilge looking for the water.

3. Member
    Try this, plug your livewell fill vents one at a time and see if water comes in the other one, then plug both and see if it comes in through the drain plug. To do this take it to a low use ramp, back it in about way, lay on the back deck with the bilge compartment open and look in the bilge area with a flashlight and see if any water is coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Try this, plug your livewell fill vents one at a time and see if water comes in the other one, then plug both and see if it comes in through the drain plug. To do this take it to a low use ramp, back it in about way, lay on the back deck with the bilge compartment open and look in the bilge area with a flashlight and see if any water is coming in.
    that is exactly what my next step was going to be.
    gonna crawl under it this afternoon when I get home to see if I can see anything

It won’t be an under thing, though inner inside the sump.

6. Member
    I had a Speedometer line leak in my bilge area took me forever to figure that one out.

I finally found it.
    I have a hole in the back about 3/16 or so.
    so now I have to get that all worked out and figure out when I can get it to Texas to Lake Fork Fiberglass to have it fixed.
    since it has their Gator Hull on it they lifetime warranty the hull from what I understand. I'm going to call them today and talk to them about it.

8. Member
    What's the hole from?

Ben I really have no clue I never saw it when I looked under the boat before I bought it and its a pretty noticeable area.
    but its almost a perfect hole like a puncture.
    I did go over some trees at Tablerock when we were there which it could have happened from if there was a nail or screw in the tree possibly. I don't really know to tell you the truth

10. Member
    Seriously doubt you set it straight down on a nail, gonna be expensive just to get it to Texas for repair.

its about an 8 hour drive one way for me.
    going to call Lake Fork Fiberglass today. from everything I have heard they are really stand up people and crew and with the Gator Hull on the boat the hull is covered for the lifetime of the boat. so hopefully I wont have any problems.
    time will tell I guess

12. Member
    did u try chanpionship marine outside of nixa?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcharger View Post
    did u try chanpionship marine outside of nixa?
    ill be calling them today