Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hopefully Texas finally bans red light cameras

2. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Scameras were banned here, years ago... Hope y'all are able to get rid of the dabm things, too.
    Who controls John Gill?

3. Banned
    Why would you be in favor of banning red light cameras? I think they should be more strictly enforced, I wish they would be at every intersection.

4. Member
    Ah, nothing like throwing out a bone during election time.....
    Dwight B
    Semper Fi
    2023 Ranger Z520R, Merc 250HP Pro XS,
    Lowrance HDS LIVE 12 Console and Bow Active Target, Dual 8ft Blade Series Power Poles,
    TH-Marine Atlas Jack Plate's 10" Setback

The problem isn't the cameras.
    1. The yellow light has been proven to be shorter on the signals that have the cameras
    2. The second car is bound and determined to go through the light and assumes the car in front of him is going to run the light also. AND the second car is following too close

After seeing the results of red light runners, the fine should be $200 and lose of license for 30 days. Caught driving under suspension 6 months in the county jail.

6. Joe4d
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Why would you be in favor of banning red light cameras? I think they should be more strictly enforced, I wish they would be at every intersection.
    Because they are nothing more than a cash grab. The vendors make out, plus the city county gets a cut.
    Reality is they dont make intersections safer. Studies in VA showed they actually Increased accidents.

7. Member
    I'm in. argue the safety of it all you want, i say its another wasteful gub mint program of which the revenues are nowhere to be found.

Because I think most are a scam and a way to get revenue. Even that is in question as some cities are not getting paid by the vendor companies that operate them as promised. We have 3 right here by the house and 2 are placed to where you can get popped simply by stopping as you are supposed to. Hard to explain but they placed them near railroad tracks and you basically have 2 places that are marked to stop on either side of tracks but if you stop where you would on any other street/road you will get a little ticket in the mail here. Basically using the legal area(and marked by the state) to stop will cost you.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    Because they are nothing more than a cash grab. The vendors make out, plus the city county gets a cut.
    Reality is they dont make intersections safer. Studies in VA showed they actually Increased accidents.

Not arguing, but how do they make intersections more dangerous?

10. Banned
    How can a Texan be in support of cameras everywhere? Seems to be against what Texans believe.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Because I think most are a scam and a way to get revenue. Even that is in question as some cities are not getting paid by the vendor companies that operate them as promised. We have 3 right here by the house and 2 are placed to where you can get popped simply by stopping as you are supposed to. Hard to explain but they placed them near railroad tracks and you basically have 2 places that are marked to stop on either side of tracks but if you stop where you would on any other street/road you will get a little ticket in the mail here. Basically using the legal area(and marked by the state) to stop will cost you.

yeah I agree that spot does sound like BS.

12. Member
    I hope so, they’ve got me twice in Watauga. They like that Kansas license plate lol.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    How can a Texan be in support of cameras everywhere? Seems to be against what Texans believe.

I guess because I try to follow the law most of the time? Not perfect, but I won’t run a red light. Almost been hit by someone once though, it would have been real bad for me.

I will admit the 2 citations I have received in the 10 years of having them in this area I totally earned........both times I thought no way in hell I ran that light when I saw the flash. Both times I pulled up the video after getting citation and immediately shut up and wrote the check.....

Quote Originally Posted by rtfishn View Post
    I hope so, they’ve got me twice in Watauga. They like that Kansas license plate lol.
    That is funny as that is where both of mine came from......

16. Banned
    I guess because I try to follow the law most of the time? Not perfect, but I won’t run a red light. Almost been hit by someone once though, it would have been real bad for me.
    I don't like red light runners, or cameras.

17. Member
    Red light cameras have been under fire for a long time. Many lawsuits out there. Might have been a great idea in the beginning until someone figured out it could be a cash cow. Changing the timing of the lights to get more tickets and Rear ended accidents shot up due to folks hammering their brakes when it turned yellow.

Red light cameras are becoming more popular around Atlanta , we just bid on 12 more intersection jobs for new red light cameras in west metro Atlanta , Douglasville area . They are money makers for the city's . The new ones have a box area painted inside the intersection that is the get a ticket zone .So if you see a big X on the pavement you know whats up .

19. Member
    They will make up the revenue in Magnolia by writing pasty white kids warnings.

And then in Dallas we had this outgrowth of red light cameras, putting cameras on school bus stop arms. You run the flashing red stop arm lights, you get a $300 dollar ticket. This program was a crooked money grab from the get-go. And I know because I once worked for this agency.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/investigation...485728031.html
    John Slaughter
    ......... Bankrupt Boat Trash Since 1977.........

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast