Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    After seeing KVD spread, he’s not far behind..
    I think Boyd is about 50M ahead of anyone that is an active participant in any Tour/Elite event

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    I think Boyd is about 50M ahead of anyone that is an active participant in any Tour/Elite event
    $50mm? Double that, and you may be close.

-b-

Quote Originally Posted by bzbrent View Post
    $50mm? Double that, and you may be close.

-b-

I dont think he is worth 100M. But...regardless. He took the money he was handed...and made plenty more with it.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    This is from a study you've done?
    Ya been to a college lately?
    Or a could have done the study thing, grabbed a couple million, talked to half a dozen window lickers and nose pickers and came to know conclusion. You know, like the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera61 View Post
    Ya been to a college lately?
    Or a could have done the study thing, grabbed a couple million, talked to half a dozen window lickers and nose pickers and came to know conclusion. You know, like the government.
    We can tell you didn’t go to college.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    College is hard, and most people dont realize it until they are halfway in or better.
    LMAO. Hard? Christ I wish I was back there again. Fat, drunk and stupid is a way to get through college life. Screw this working crap.

Boyd has a nice house here on Guntersville, nice! But it's close but not the spread KVD has. Boyd just opened a nice marine dealership in Guntersville and is out on the golf courses around here allot. Boyd is a very successful business man.
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perk1bass View Post
    Boyd can take cow poop and sell it as a body wash and make money , every thing he touches turns into a moneymaker. That's what he is good at , he has the vision to find the gold at the end of the rainbow.
    ……. and the money to back the vision

9. Banned
    The Money guy behind the MLF Tour is worth 8.8 billion. His wife is loaded to. That's Big Money.

10. Member
    Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aric11 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Dan! Wow that honestly surprises me lol.

EDIT:

Found this for the Ontario graduation rate:

http://www.heqco.ca/en-ca/Research/q...es/qs_5_1.aspx

Average of 58 - 65 % so not much different. I honestly figured it was closer to a 70-75% success rate. Apparently I give people way too much credit!
    Went to an Engineering college in 1966. At Freshman orientation in a lecture hall with the whole freshman class attending they would say " Look at the person on your left, look at the person on your right, only one of you will make it through all 4 years here.
    Course all of that was a lie because the average graduation time was 5 years anyway.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post
    I'm not sure they did it for the money when they started.
    It's about the money, trust me.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikez521 View Post
    It's about the money, trust me.
    Yep.

Didn’t Duckett get kicked off the elites for not being good enough? I can see his motivation for something else to fish since he’s a part owner and all.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    He went from a spot stealer to a talent stealer. Without BASS, none of these anglers would be anyone.
    More like Bass would be nothing without the anglers. If Bass & FLW had not been sh@&$$?! on the pros they wouldn't be motivated to move. It crazy how some of these guys go into financial ruin to fish professionally that's just wrong. What other sport is like that? If you have made it to the top it shouldn't be that risky of a proposition.
    2003- Bullet 20XD w/Promax 225X

15. Banned
    These guys are independent contractors, plain and simple... If I open a roofing business should I be guaranteed a living???... They're small business owners... Nothing is owed to them, nothing... Dan

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    We can tell you didn’t go to college.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by potomaccat View Post
    More like Bass would be nothing without the anglers. If Bass & FLW had not been sh@&$$?! on the pros they wouldn't be motivated to move. It crazy how some of these guys go into financial ruin to fish professionally that's just wrong. What other sport is like that? If you have made it to the top it shouldn't be that risky of a proposition.
    What an entitled sense of thought! Again, They KNEW GOING IN that they may fail!! They could have been a land scape worker, factory worker or a freaking farmer! They CHOSE bass fishing! It didn't chose them!
    "What other sport is like that?" Poker, racing, single, double, triple A baseball!!! How do you think the pro baseball players end up making 7 to 8 figures? They dedicated their lives to a sport that they may or may not have made it. THEY RISKED IT. Some do some don't. You are NOT entitled to ANYTHING in life....

18. Banned
    Read this. Basically quitting one job to take another.

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article/...-#.W5o4DPZFxPY

Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    Boyd Duckett net worth is $1.5 million, according to the report of 2014. Hasn’t been reviewed since then, Boyd has surely garnered colossal wealth in following years with multiple business and fishing tournaments.

The anglers will then be asked to make a 3-year commitment that will not prohibit them from fishing with any other organization, but will make concurrent participation in the Elite Series or FLW Tour likely impossible due to simple logistics. How much time they'll be given to make that decision hasn't been revealed.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    Boyd Duckett net worth is $1.5 million, according to the report of 2014. Hasn’t been reviewed since then, Boyd has surely garnered colossal wealth in following years with multiple business and fishing tournaments.

The anglers will then be asked to make a 3-year commitment that will not prohibit them from fishing with any other organization, but will make concurrent participation in the Elite Series or FLW Tour likely impossible due to simple logistics. How much time they'll be given to make that decision hasn't been revealed.
    Surely you meant billion instead of million? But I never saw his net worth mentioned in the article?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast