Prop comparable to solas

I’ve got a 200 Honda on a triton 197 magnum aluminum boat and a 25 pitch solas scorpion is by far the best prop for top end but they are not very tough....I fish a lot of backwater and I am on my 3rd one this year...I’ve tried a power tech 3 blade but didn’t get the lift I needed or too end. Any ideas?

Did you run the PowerTech "VMS"? Or "VMX"?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Brand of prop really doesn't matter if you're hitting things. Regardless of Solas, Merc, Powertech, or any other - hit a solid object and it'll be headed for the repair shop or recycler. I fish a ton of river backwaters as well. I've had to learn to trim up and go slow when I'm out of running channels. If you're messing up props - the lower unit's taking a hell of a beating as well regardless of hub material.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JStew View Post
    Brand of prop really doesn't matter if you're hitting things. Regardless of Solas, Merc, Powertech, or any other - hit a solid object and it'll be headed for the repair shop or recycler. I fish a ton of river backwaters as well. I've had to learn to trim up and go slow when I'm out of running channels. If you're messing up props - the lower unit's taking a hell of a beating as well regardless of hub material.
    i fished the same way when I had a merc and ran a fury and never had a problem......Solas is junk

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Did you run the PowerTech "VMS"? Or "VMX"?
    i did....it ran ok but no where near the lift the solas had

Quote Originally Posted by Albucknbass View Post
    i fished the same way when I had a merc and ran a fury and never had a problem......Solas is junk
    No issues. I have a Tempest & Trophy to send Mark to mend my rock contact indiscretions. I've run Solas, Powertech, and Merc and all bend the same way when I hit stuff. My Merc tech has run a Scorpion for better than 10 years and has never had an issue. I think he's just better at not hitting things than I am.