Update on the new refrigerator.

Lowes called this morning to drop off the refrigerator but said it has a very small dent on the bottom of the freezer door and offers my wife 15% off and to look it over when they arrive . So when the delivery service showed up we looked it over saw the very unnoticeable dent and called the manager at Lowes. And told him we wanted a new refrigerator or 25% off this one and with out hesitation he gave us the 25% discount great service will definitely buy my other appliances there soon. But the delivery driver ran over my neighbors mailbox.

Not like anyone really care about my refrigerator but I figured I would share my experience with Lowes.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

Your neighbor's mailbox

Most people should stick to driving those HUGE 1/2 ton pick ups

3. Member
    Your trolling right?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitty View Post
    Your trolling right?
    No why would think that.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    No why would think that.
    Lowes probably has you on the "do not sell list" for the future. They offered 15, you know you got em because the unit is already there, so you squeeze for 25. Top t off they hit the neighbors mailbox. No good deed goes unpunished lol.

6. Member
    When you go back wear steel toe boots to kick the appliances you want for more discounts.
    Praying for a Cure

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Lowes probably has you on the "do not sell list" for the future. They offered 15, you know you got em because the unit is already there, so you squeeze for 25. Top t off they hit the neighbors mailbox. No good deed goes unpunished lol.
    Not quite they told me they had 12 in stock and they could have another one to me tomorrow. It was their choice to give me the discount and it wasn't my mailbox that got hit that comes out of the drivers pocket but I already fixed it. And if I refused delivery that refrigerator would be offered at a big discount on their floor anyway. So I don't think I had anyone on the squeeze they could have said that the replacement refrigerator will be delivered tomorrow.
    Last edited by born 2 fish; 09-11-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

8. Member
    at first I read you requested a new fridge and 25%. My apologize, you requested 25% off the unit. Please accept my apologize, they had the choice to decide and glad it worked out for you.

Again, my bad.

9. Banned
    Not quite they told me they had 12 in stock and they could have another one to me tomorrow. It was their choice to give me the discount and it wasn't my mailbox that got hit that comes out of the drivers pocket but I already fixed it. And if I refused delivery that refrigerator would be offered at a big discount on their floor anyway. So I don't think I had anyone on the squeeze they could have said that the replacement refrigerator will be delivered tomorrow.
    I'm just bustin you a bit, most people would have done the same. Glad it worked out for you.

10. Member
    Yeah they're good like that, especially if the manager sees you in the store a lot. LIKE US!

I ordered a water heater a couple years ago. Spent 45 minutes back in custom plumbing going through the order, getting the printout, handed him my Lowes card and he gave me a date when it should arrive and said have a nice day. So 4 weeks out the date comes and goes. I called the store and they said they didn't have an order for me, and no record that I'd paid for one. So I went to the store to see what was going on an sure enough, it'd NEVER been paid for. How was I to know after I gave the guy my card that he didn't put it in the system. I mean he handed me some info and a delivery date.

NOPE..... he's supposed to walk you to the register to pay for it!

So I ordered another one that the co-manager said to give me 10% off on. Three weeks later is shows up, is delivered, and after opening the box someone had pushed something through the cardboard and dented the outside part of it. Go back to the store and get the co-manager and show him the dent (photo on my phone). He tells the girl at the desk to give me 10% off, and another 10% off anything I buy that day. Which was cool because I had to get a pressure tank, 4 ball valves, $200 worth of copper and solder. Between the 5% discount on the card, then 10%, then 10% more on the total that day (which took more than 10% off the heater itself) I was feeling pretty sporty when I left.

This was a $800 gas water heater with 4" of insulation and the dent didn't come close to the tank itself, and was on the back so sure, I kept it.
    I laid it down and pulled the bottom tray off and was able to push the dent out of the side with a piece of wood.

Then last year I replaced my second unit with the same one as before and got another 10% off because the co-manager had said when I ordered another one to let him know. KEWL!
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

Good deal for you and Lowe’s sold a dented appliance and still profited 15%.

Win-Win. Except for your neighbor.

Edited: I really don't get those who brag about screwing someone. Your wife was OK with 15%, correct??
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    Edited: I really don't get those who brag about screwing someone. Your wife was OK with 15%, correct??
    No she wasn't we wanted to see the dent first hand before she agreed to anything and it's in the very front of the freezer door on bottom corner .I still don't see how I screwed anyone I asked for 25% off or just bring me a different refrigerator they chose to give us the 25% off .
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

What did you get? I think it was you who posted earlier asking for suggestions. I was one of the unfortunate few who bought a Samsung. It has been great until the upper icemaker crapped out, and the door bins kept cracking.

No she wasn't we wanted to see the dent first hand before she agreed to anything and it's in the very front of the freezer door on bottom corner .I still don't see how I screwed anyone I asked for 25% off or just bring me a different refrigerator they chose to give us the 25% off .
    You're right. I'm wrong. 3 straight days of hurricane nonsense at work. People freaking out and we're 250 miles inland.

16. Member
    Yes that was me asking for suggestions we got a fridged air . Stay safe with the hurricane coming.
    Last edited by born 2 fish; 09-12-2018 at 01:37 PM.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

Heres a quick-ish refrigerator story.
    A few weeks ago I'm in the process of finishing up a kitchen remodel. I grab a fresh battery to put in my drill. As I'm walking by the refrigerator I go to snap the battery into the drill but it doesnt click but flies out the bottom of the drill and hits the brand new french door LG refrigerator in the right door.
    Those wondering how a battery flies out of a drill it's a Rigid drill and the batteries slide in the bottom. Putting the battery in is second nature but not this time. I pretty much slid the battery under the drill never clicking it in and flying it into the refrig.
    After it hit the refrigerator I stopped and looked at my tile guy in disbelief. Turned around and it wasn't just dented the size of a quarter but had a nice line in it. I called my client who was really cool about it and then I called the place where they bought it.
    The result- the refrigerator was in a 15 day 100% coverage from LG. I paid nothing, THANK GOD! Client paid nothing. My client, along with the place that sold it, filled out all the necessary paper work and the door was replaced last week. Yesterday I was over finishing up some odds and ends and every time I walked buy it I was side stepping with my back to the damn refrigerator.

So B2F see if you can get a new freezer door by contacting the manufacture. It's worth a try.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

18. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Sounds like a good deal and nothing wrong with negotiating for the best deal.

Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    What did you get? I think it was you who posted earlier asking for suggestions. I was one of the unfortunate few who bought a Samsung. It has been great until the upper icemaker crapped out, and the door bins kept cracking.
    Same ?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdda9yh View Post
    Same ?
    I replied in post #16
    Fridged Air is what we went with.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat