Thread: Mercury 225 EFI

Mercury 225 EFI

I have a Mercury 2004 EFI 225 HP motor ( OT816704 )
    Brought just the block . Block on work bench ,But on the back of it attached to the coil plate , i think is a Digital Speed Senor with a hose attached it the length of the block then there a tee,,with a short piece of hose cut . Coming out the middle . The bottom of the tee hose is running to the bottom of the block .
    Can i run my hose from my water pressure gauge in the boat to it . Out of the middle of the tee ,where the short hose is . Don't need speed -o - meter can use my GPS for that .Just want the water pressure to work correctly.
    Also plans on in-stalling a Mercury SC 1000 to the motor and replace the speed -O- meter with the SC 1000 monitor in it place in the dash ,my water pressure hose is black on the boat now and to my 1990 2.5 200 hp motor i will be replace with this motor EFI 225 hp. The hose is a white gray look color now .Will my black hose work with these newer parts .
    Look's to be the same size ?
    Last edited by rchavis; 09-11-2018 at 07:40 PM.

2. Member
    rc that's a wpsi sensor you can run one part of that hose to gage,but other ends must remain connected to block and sensor also for pcm to receive info from sensor for guardian protection and low block psi warnning
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Wont cause a pressure drop, because there is no constant flow. Pressure is dead headed at the gauge and transducer.
    Thanks Savage .....thought so , but was just checking to make sure from you Pro's .

4. Member

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Gray tubing is Block (Water) Pressure.

Black tubing is PITOT (Speed).

As Savage indicated, there is absolutely no problem with teeing into the block/water pressure (it had a tee when it left the factory).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor