Lightbulb Hydraulic jackplate height

Hello gentlemen, new here and this is my first post. My questions is what height do you guys see the best performance using a Bob’s Machine 6in Action Series. I have a 520vx with a merc 225, from what I’ve read 3.5in prop to pad seems to be best, but what height is that on the jackplate? 1....2...4etc. Thanks

Depending on mounting holes used it may be different, why not run the plate as low as it will go, measure p2p, then up as high as it will go, then set it to 3.5 and observe the number. Also may thinks make you boat different than the exact same model, weight distribution, prop, prop condition. ...
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Fishysam nails it. No telling exactly where, prop to pad, your plate bottoms out, so get out your tape measure and a notebook and start measuring/taking notes on various positions. Also, your prop (which we don’t know) makes a lot of difference in optimum engine height.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    I’m running a 25 tempest. Thanks gentlemen, so in reality there is no way around getting a tape out and doing it the long way.