Question for you all on mounting area for my Helix 9

The last owner had mounted my the Helix 9 that is on my boat on top of the console on a RAM mount 1.5" ball mount. its mounted to the left side of the drivers console and I just really don't like it at all mounted there as its kind of in my view when driving.
    one of the places I was thinking of mounting it is on the inside of the gunnel in between the controls and the console. if I remember right the newer boats have a cleat there.
    was looking for some opinions or ideas from you all on mounting the unit since I don't want to drill any more holes in my boat than needed. but also wanted to make sure that area of the boat was strong enough to hold the unit up well with out getting any stress cracks or anything like that. most all of my other boats I had mounted the unit on a RAM on the top of the Gunnel next to the console but the Cat has some curves there so not a good flat surface to use there.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    The last owner had mounted my the Helix 9 that is on my boat on top of the console on a RAM mount 1.5" ball mount. its mounted to the left side of the drivers console and I just really don't like it at all mounted there as its kind of in my view when driving.
    one of the places I was thinking of mounting it is on the inside of the gunnel in between the controls and the console. if I remember right the newer boats have a cleat there.
    was looking for some opinions or ideas from you all on mounting the unit since I don't want to drill any more holes in my boat than needed. but also wanted to make sure that area of the boat was strong enough to hold the unit up well with out getting any stress cracks or anything like that. most all of my other boats I had mounted the unit on a RAM on the top of the Gunnel next to the console but the Cat has some curves there so not a good flat surface to use there.
    If you are running 1 unit there are some good mounts, sherms, and Andy's come to mind.